• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the BEST INTAKE on the market

My buddy has a Group M intake. I'll have to make a compare video next to his car. His car has test pipes vs mine having High Flow cats. It will be fun

I run the OEM K&N replacement filter with my SOS SC kit with no issues on gunk and how it inhales.

Are you shopping intakes for sound? Or power? Because there is zero power to be made from a new intake, only sound.
A downforce snorkel sounds great paired with a uni filter. However, I removed my uni filter after about 1,000 miles. I hated the hissing sound it made at idle. I know I probably lost 5 hp, but that is something you will never notice anyways.

There's a rule of thumb that says every 10 degree drop in intake air temperature will yield a 1% hp gain.
Any intake that draws air from the engine compartment which may be 20 degrees warmer than outside air will drop your power.

As well any intake that hangs the air cleaner inside the fender will pick up a lot of road debris through the intake scoop.
The oem intake is a cold air intake with a protected air filter but not noisy.
If its just noise you are after then any intake other than oem will be louder.

bumping this thread - thinking about these 3 intakes, which one should I get?

http://www.weapon-r.com/products/6-1991-96-acura-nsx-secret-weapon-intake
http://www.blinemotorsports.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4916175
http://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...clid=CjwKEAiA-rfDBRDeyOybg8jd2U4SJAAoE5XqQEeY

I have the DF side scoop so I want something that will work along with that... thanks

The weapon r one and any other like it is a waste. You can very easily make that for about $20 plus a good filter($60-80). And they want $300?!

I made my own intake just like the one on the blinemotorsports link for about $150 total including filter. Actual material cost is really under $100. I bought generic aluminum intercooler tubing with couplers and clamps off eBay. Measured, cut, put on the filter and wrapped it with some left over insulation. Easy, cheap, effective and love the sound. The filter does get dirty as mentioned above, but, I'll replace my filter every year/~3k miles so I'm not that concerned.

As far as performance goes, I can't say I feel any gain or loss. But either way it goes, it's so insignificant I don't care. It looks good under the glass and sounds good. Worth it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 573
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 186
Ended up ordering the B-Line intake... I guess I'll have to get rid of my side scoop... ah well.

Ended up ordering the B-Line intake... I guess I'll have to get rid of my side scoop... ah well.

You will be happy with it, have had mine for 6 years.

You will be happy with it, have had mine for 6 years.

Living in CA have you had any issues with smog or do you put your oem airbox back on for smog? I dont think GA smog laws care TBH...

Living in CA have you had any issues with smog or do you put your oem airbox back on for smog? I dont think GA smog laws care TBH...

It's not carb certified but there is always some place that doesn't care.:wink:

It's not carb certified but there is always some place that doesn't care.:wink:

lol is it easy to install? What about cleaning the filter?

lol is it easy to install? What about cleaning the filter?

Yes, easy to install. To clean just remove the left rear tire, remove a couple of the fender liner screws/clips and it's right there. Clean it like you would a K&N filter, I use their cleaning kit.

Yes, easy to install. To clean just remove the left rear tire, remove a couple of the fender liner screws/clips and it's right there. Clean it like you would a K&N filter, I use their cleaning kit.
some people don't know how to do that and cover it in too much filter oil and complain about the TB gunking up even with just the K&N panel filter but anyone with any dirtbike or similar experience knows that's just part of ownership and it's no big deal

Here is my car and a video of sound. I have a downforce intake with scoop, Pride high flow cats and a pride v2 quad exhaust. I love my downforce intake. Not only is it beautiful but I never tire of the sound. It was not cheap but always puts a grin on my face and just for that it was worth every penny.

Back