• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ガンダム 1/1 scale giant GUNDAM in Tokyo

:biggrin:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lsj-CPF6FVg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lsj-CPF6FVg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KkSu8LWuzS4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KkSu8LWuzS4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gundam3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is cool! I wonder if it can actually move. Maybe Honda will make the next Asimo like that!

Last edited:
i used to love gundam and having this done is just pure genius!

Pretty neat. We have the statue of liberty and they have a giant robot. :smile:

Looks like the head moves from the first video. I wonder if they have a way for people to climb inside to check things out like in the statue of liberty?

That's pretty cool, they built a giant walking spider in liverpool:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Hb7YStVcM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Hb7YStVcM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

So based on my limited knowledge of Japan, it seems like the coolest place on the planet. Hightech gadgets, funny public signs, killer schools and now Giant robots. For people that have been to japan Is there any reason not to move there?

That gundam robot, meh. :cool:

Now that giant spider, that's impressive.

So based on my limited knowledge of Japan, it seems like the coolest place on the planet. Hightech gadgets, funny public signs, killer schools and now Giant robots. For people that have been to japan Is there any reason not to move there?

YES, and quite a few reason (I misunderstood the question before....). :frown:
I know I might sound like a grumpy old man here. However, as an Asian who doesn't speak Japanese, this is by far the oddest place I've even lived in. And I am still here due to my job. I know I am supposed to learn Japanese given I am in Japan; however, as an international city, wouldn’t it nice to be a bit more English-friendly?

Don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff here are cool (like that 1/1 Gundam I saw the other day) and people are quite nice. However, the trouble and frustration of LIVING in this culture is too overwhelming. Mind you, I lived in Hong Kong, NYC, San Fran, Houston and have been to most major cities in Europe and China but nothing come close to Tokyo. :rolleyes:

This is strictly MY OPINION - Japanese tend to over-think everything and make simple thing to be more complicated than needed. Something as simple as returning a bottle of bad wine took 45 mins (explain to 4 different people with the same "the wine has turned bad”), getting medication refilled took 3 hours for my wife. On top of that, there’s the high cost of living here. This is the first place I had a US$50 dim sum lunch…it’s Chinese food for crying out loud. :mad:

Sorry for ranting. I would say it’s very cool to visit Japan; however, a big “No-no” for living here. Most expat I met either love it or hate it here with not many in the middle…:rolleyes:

Sorry for being OT....I did get a chance to see the Gundam and that was very cool. I had a great time that day and I spotted a Toyota 2000GT there. I will post some pics later.

Last edited:
I didnt know that the head moved. I wonder if they can get other parts moving at some point. Of course I would like to see the legs moving.

NO. :frown:
I know I might sound like a grumpy old man here. However, as an Asian who doesn't speak Japanese, this is by far the oddest place I've even lived it. And I am still here due to my job. I know I am supposed to learn Japanese given I am in Japan; however, as an international city, wouldn’t it nice to be a bit more English-friendly?

Don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff here are cool (like that 1/1 Gundam I saw the other day) and people are quite nice. However, the trouble and frustration of LIVING in this culture is too overwhelming. Mind you, I lived in Hong Kong, NYC, San Fran, Houston and have been to most major cities in Europe and China but nothing come close to Tokyo. :rolleyes:

This is strictly MY OPINION - Japanese tend to over-think everything and make simple thing to be more complicated than needed. Something as simple as returning a bottle of bad wine took 45 mins (explain to 4 different people with the same "the wine has turned bad”), getting medication refilled took 3 hours for my wife. On top of that, there’s the high cost of living here. This is the first place I had a US$50 dim sum lunch…it’s Chinese food for crying out loud. :mad:

Sorry for ranting. I would say it’s very cool to visit Japan; however, a big “No-no” for living here. Most expat I met either love it or hate it here with not many in the middle…:rolleyes:

Sorry for being OT....I did get a chance to see the Gundam and that was very cool. I had a great time that day and I spotted a Toyota 2000GT there. I will post some pics later.
i knew the cost of living was high but dam $50 for dim sum!?!? Please tell me you ate like 10 plates worth!

Speaking about funny public signs... check this out!

cunt-examination.jpg

YES, and quite a few reason (I misunderstood the question before....). :frown:
I know I might sound like a grumpy old man here. However, as an Asian who doesn't speak Japanese, this is by far the oddest place I've even lived in. And I am still here due to my job. I know I am supposed to learn Japanese given I am in Japan; however, as an international city, wouldn’t it nice to be a bit more English-friendly?

point noted. like most places it has it's up's and downs. it is on my list of places to visit though. I asked someone else and they said just make sure you know someone before you go and it will make the trip more fun.

great post Jason... I'd like to see a Gundam Wing Zero now on a 1/1 scale..

here's a thought: Gundam vs. Transformers.. who would win?

I don't know too much about gundam but that is very impressive. So was gundam like the first transformer? I think I remember watching some animated tv show of aircraft that transformed into a the mech.

Live here for a long while and the above becomes old fast and the killer schools are correct but not in the way you think. 10,000 suicides a year for 10 years straight, deaths from overwork, every japanese person i know hates the system, especially women. There's a lot wrong here. Quite escapist for foreigners, i just like not having to worry about my stuff being stolen and i can take a walk at anytime of the night.....and getting an NSX makes it all bearable.

Back