• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

0-60 in 7.5 for NA1s?

Found this article (did a search already Mr. Nazi) a little disturbing.
I'm presuming maybe this was an automatic?

Obviously there's some jokes to be made here based on the commentary and the name of the website, but I'll refrain from the obvious out of respect to our female NSX fans. :cool:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/motoring/842004.htm

The NSX came out of the Honda stable 12 years ago as the first ever fully Aluminium production car setting new standards in Controll, efficiency and performance. Since then, the car has undergone many changes in body styling and engine performance to keep it at the forefront of technology.

A 3.0 V6 that goes 0-62mph in 7.5 seconds or the 3.2 litre fuel injected 24 valve DOHC V6 with a six-speed manual gearbox and an impressive 175mph capability goes some way to explaining why it's so impressive.

They are talking about the 252 HP automatic trans engine. Also, they are measuring 0 to 62 mph, which may account for some additional time to the normal 0-60 posted times.

beeker16 said:
I'm presuming maybe this was an automatic?
Yes, it's quite clear that they are referring to the 3.0-liter 252 hp automatic that is sold alongside the 3.2-liter 290 hp six-speed.

I find that 0-62 number a little slow even for the automatic. My automatic Acura Legend with 230 HP could do 7.2-7.5 0-60s nearly all day long. I test drove an auto NSX once and it definately felt much faster than my Legend. Does that 2 MPH really take nearly 1 second longer?

nsxtasy said:
Yes, it's quite clear that they are referring to the 3.0-liter 252 hp automatic that is sold alongside the 3.2-liter 290 hp six-speed.

I had an automatic car in the past and I would guess that they are talking about 0-100 km/h (should be about 62 mp/h). Honda Germany had no acceleration time in his official brochure for the auto version (they wrote 5.9 seconds for the 3 litre manual tranny coupe and 270 km/h top speed), they only wrote 260 km/h top speed.

As I recall my memory - I would guess the 0-100 time for the auto would be more like 6.5 than 7.5 seconds or more (I speak of the coupe, maybe the T model is slower because of the weight).

NSX-Racer said:
I had an automatic car in the past and I would guess that they are talking about 0-100 km/h (should be about 62 mp/h). Honda Germany had no acceleration time in his official brochure for the auto version (they wrote 5.9 seconds for the 3 litre manual tranny coupe and 270 km/h top speed), they only wrote 260 km/h top speed.

As I recall my memory - I would guess the 0-100 time for the auto would be more like 6.5 than 7.5 seconds or more (I speak of the coupe, maybe the T model is slower because of the weight).

I remember Road and Track tested 0-60 in the 95 auto with the tiptronic tranny and I think it was 6.9. It was being compared to the F355.

NetViper said:
I remember Road and Track tested 0-60 in the 95 auto with the tiptronic tranny and I think it was 6.9. It was being compared to the F355.
Do you remember if it was a cp. or T?

BTW: Of course different carmakers and magazines have different methods for that measurings. e.g. german "sport auto" does it always with 2 persons and full tank.

NSX-Racer said:
Do you remember if it was a cp. or T?

BTW: Of course different carmakers and magazines have different methods for that measurings. e.g. german "sport auto" does it always with 2 persons and full tank.

It was the targa. I think the Porsche 911 was also in it. I will have to look for it. The F355 if on the cover. I might be thinking about the 911 @ 6.9.

Road and Track has NEVER got very good times on ANY NSX. They are consistenly slower than every other magazine.

As noted in the FAQ (Technical - Performance), there have been several magazine tests of the NSX automatic:

Car and Driver 7/95 - NSX-T - 5.8
Motor Trend 6/95 - NSX-T - 5.8
Motor Trend 8/91 - NSX Coupe - 5.8

nsxtasy said:
As noted in the FAQ (Technical - Performance), there have been several magazine tests of the NSX automatic:

Car and Driver 7/95 - NSX-T - 5.8
Motor Trend 6/95 - NSX-T - 5.8
Motor Trend 8/91 - NSX Coupe - 5.8

please tell me my 92 auto isnt 7.5 in 0-60 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSX-Racer said:

Have to correct myself: I just saw an older press release of Honda Germany for the 2001 models in my papers. They wrote for the auto model (the cp. and the T) 7.5 seconds for the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) acceleration.

Time stated for the 3.2 l manual version was 5.7 seconds - what a huge difference, in my memory it didn't feel that big.

That'll teach you!

So whats the official figs for the manual? I see some pretty slow ass times, but if they've only got 276bhp then i guess it figures, but Autocar (uk) who are well respected for their accuracy got a 4.8 to 60 run on a new NSX! (no it wasn't a type-r..)

-Rob

robfenn said:
That'll teach you!

So whats the official figs for the manual? I see some pretty slow ass times, but if they've only got 276bhp then i guess it figures, but Autocar (uk) who are well respected for their accuracy got a 4.8 to 60 run on a new NSX! (no it wasn't a type-r..)

-Rob

The new NSX is officialy quoted here with 256 DIN-PS for the auto and 280 for the manual version.

As I wrote before different mags have different measure methods (full tank? passenger? what kind of tarmac?) and I remember that in former times the NSX had 2 OEM tire brands - Yokohama and Bridgestone, could have made a difference too.

djjoonie said:
It cant be 7.5sec for my auto NSX!!!!!

I don't think mine is 7.5 sec either. I have IHE and Comptech straight pipes. Does anyone have any hard printed numbers on the 0-60 times for a 91 auto :confused: Only times I saw in the FAQs was for the 5-spd.

Back