• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

0 - 60 mph time?

is it really like 5.8?
350z claim to be 5.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty mad NOW!!

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

I think the targa top nsx accelerate at that time 5.8 The 98+ coupes which are realy rare i think can do the 0-60 in about 5 or hopefully less than 5 seconds. I will check this for you.

Hey i saw a 350z saturday it doesn't look that bad look decent.

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
is it really like 5.8?

Only for the automatic.

The '91-94 coupe usually tested around 5.2 to 5.3. The '97 and later generally tests around 4.7, with various test figures ranging from 4.5 to 5.0.

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
350z claim to be 5.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can claim that it's 5.4, but magazines have tested it as high as 5.6 to 5.7.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 November 2002).]

Hey we posted almost at the same time cool. I'm pretty close to the times.

Hey i saw a 350z saturday it doesn't look that bad look decent.[/B]
They actually looks pretty nice.
I went to the Boston Auto show on Saturday
took serveral pix if anyone's interested

red 02 NSX
smile.gif

orange 350Z
Minority report Lexus 2045

~oops I didnt say that.

BTW.. can you really feel the 0.4-5 sec difference?

------------------

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 12 November 2002).]

I have run mine in 5.2 consistently. Tested using a G-pro computer. Pretty reliable. Haven't tested with the BBSC though.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I have not done this with my BBSC yet. I want to dyno it first. Only at 7 PSI now, targeting 9 or 10 PSI with a new engine controller.

When I had the CTSC with the 9 PSI upgrade, my unofficial 0-60 was in the low to mid fours. Short gears and 4.55:1 R&P.

Wonder how much I/H/E would shave off of that 5.2 secs for a 91?

I know it depends but what is an avg?

------------------
91 NSX Black/Ivory
93 BMW 325is
97 CL 3.0

Originally posted by NSXXX:
Wonder how much I/H/E would shave off of that 5.2 secs for a 91?

According to Bob Butler's analysis, adding 15 hp (a gain typical of I/H/E) reduces 0-60 times by 0.3 second.

I have I/H/E plus short gear/ 4.23 rp. Beat c5 every time off the line up until 80mph. Usually 1-2 car length.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
According to Bob Butler's analysis, adding 15 hp (a gain typical of I/H/E) reduces 0-60 times by 0.3 second.

thats not really a significant difference.. now I understand why you guys dying for a more powerful NSX...

------------------

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

Originally posted by MvM:
92NSX

Please do run a few times with the BBSC...
I would very much like to now the difference between a supercharged NSX and a stock one.

Ok. Just found out I'm in the snap ring range so I don't know how much spirited I will be doing till I get it fixed.
frown.gif

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Don't be mad, I drove a 350 Z and I'm pretty sure it wasn't as fast as my 92 NSX. At least the NSX seems faster/more fun. The stability control system was much better, but hey, that's what 12 years will buy you.

I'm still more likely to boost the NSX to fill my need for speed than getting another car. Mike's Chromatose drive still haunts me... Sooo good!

Generally, 0-60 gains from an SC on the NSX will be less significant than the rest of the way up through the gears. Probably all the more so with the standard BBSC compared to the CTCS because it gets more power but later.

An old article in R&T or C&D demonstrated this well when they published their typical acceleration numbers and graphs. I'm sure Ken and others have that close to hand.

My point is, don't be mislead by 0-6 and even 1/4 mile times unless those are really your focus. The BBSC and even CTSC produce dramatic improvements in higher gears.

Personally, I consider 0-60 to be by far the least significant of all performance measures.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 13 November 2002).]

350Z - Nismo equipped might be a different story.

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&l oc_code=&content_code=04792399

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_ code=autofile&loc_code=index&content_code=08999065

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 13 November 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 13 November 2002).]

will the installation of TC SC or other HP power gain stuffs reduce the driving ability or handling?

Originally posted by sjs:
The BBSC and even CTSC produce dramatic improvements in higher gears.

Chromatose was running 9psi CTSC on the 3.0L and the improvement on my butt dyno was _quite_ dramatic in the first 2 gears, enough that I had a stupid grin on my face for many, many hours after the fact. Combined with the short gears I had trouble not hitting the rev limter. There wasn't enough road to explore anything higher than 2nd for very long at WOT.

I know Chromatose can outpace a Z06 off the line, so I can only assume 0-60 is improved if Chevy's numbers are to be believed (and I do believe them, I drove a C5 when I was car shopping)

Originally posted by Reason:
Chromatose was running 9psi CTSC on the 3.0L and the improvement on my butt dyno was _quite_ dramatic in the first 2 gears, enough that I had a stupid grin on my face for many, many hours after the fact. Combined with the short gears I had trouble not hitting the rev limter. There wasn't enough road to explore anything higher than 2nd for very long at WOT.

I know Chromatose can outpace a Z06 off the line, so I can only assume 0-60 is improved if Chevy's numbers are to be believed (and I do believe them, I drove a C5 when I was car shopping)

Sure there are gains, and some people have managed to improve significantly over the norm, which is why I started with "Generally...". But you don't even need to drive one to predict what will happen. Look at the power curve, then slice it up into what would be one second intervals while accelerating to 60. Now look at how much time is spent high enough in the power band to see a major increase in real power. Not much, the average increase through the 0-60 run is far less than the simple increase in peak HP. But things only get better (relative to a stock engine) as you run up through the gears.

Back