• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'00 Comptech SC NSX w/ 3k for $63k? JH4NA2167YT000166

Just got off the phone with "Tom" the owner. This car has been spoken for with a $4g deposit, but the deal is not final. Car has had its right front fender replaced, so he dropped the price from $69,995 to $63,995. He has a '99 Zanardi (I think he said #46, not sure) for under $60,000. Just thought you might like to know.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

That car had a blowout and went into a tree in the summer of 2000 shortly after all the mods were installed. The damage was very extensive. To say "it had a fender replaced" is the understatement of the year.... I e-mailed the previous owner a link to this thread in case he feels like sharing more details.

FYI - I owned the '00 in question.

Repair costs soared to over $60k. The unibody structure was bent in a few places, all body panels (except driver's door) were replaced, even both seats (because the floor bent) . . .

Not a happy machine, I think. Repair quality is not terrible, but not the greatest.

However, it does have a VERY nice stereo, Alpine alarm, Comptech SC (6 psi), Techno wheels, and is wired for a K40.

Eddie Whitman

Wow! Do you have any of the "before" repair pics? That's about the most severe damage that I have heard of on a NSX. Sounds like it should have been salvaged. How did it end up at the dealers?

Well this is all a bit disturbing. I was at the dealer in question just over a week ago and saw the SC NSX. First, the price was about $72,000. Second, the story I was told by the salesperson (not Tom the dealership owner) was that the original car owner traded in the NSX for a new Porsche GT2. The NSX was supposedly obtained from the Flordia dealership where the owner traded it in. It now appears that I the real story is a little different.

I have spoken with the Tom many times over the years and have come very close to purchasing from him. I have never been uncomfortable dealing with Tom. As a matter of fact, I once brought a car that I was contemplating purchasing to him to inspect and they uncovered a number of problems that convinced me to avoid the transaction. Unfortunately, I am now extremely disappointed in one of his staff.

The current dealer didn't know my full story until this past week, maybe Tuesday. Somehow he found out I owned the car, then looked me up.

I bought the car, new, from Pohanka, in Chantilly, VA.

The car was wrecked.

I had it fixed at Bruce's Super Body Shop, in Richmond, VA.

I traded it at HBL, in Tyson's, for my Mercedes.

They sent it to auction, where Champion bought it.

I'm not sure if the current dealer bought it from Champion, or via another auction (he told me, but I don't remember).

I'll poke around for wreck/repair pictures, but I don't recall taking a single picture of this car.

Eddie Whitman

Back