• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 conversion questions.

AR

Experienced Member
I am looking to upgrade my 99 coupe to a 02 spec. I am looking to do just the front. I have used the search, but have not found info about RHD healights and the new Tracy sports bumper.

My question is, would you go with a factory front bumper or aftermarket?

My car is stock except for the DF CF LED wing, Kahn RSV wheels in 17"/18" and a Tubi exhaust.

Cheers

AR

Just wondering specifically if the Tracy Sports is easier to install than Honda factory.

Cheers

AR

The conversion would be almost the same except for the bumper cover. I would think it would be a horse-a-piece. It would all depend on the quality/fit of each. Even an OEM body part can need be off.

I pm Chris about the Tracy sports, asking specifically about the tow hook placement as I could not see one on their website, but I have not herd back yet. Resale value wise I think the factory might be a better idea.

Cheers

AR

AR, If you do complete the update from 99 to 02...I'll like to purchase your stock HID lights if your car is equipped with it.

Thanks, Bram

AR99NSX said:
I am looking to upgrade my 99 coupe to a 02 spec. I am looking to do just the front. I have used the search, but have not found info about RHD healights and the new Tracy sports bumper.

My car is stock except for the DF CF LED wing, Kahn RSV wheels in 17"/18" and a Tubi exhaust.

Cheers

AR

My guess would be that it is easier to install Tracey's bumper compare to the 02 OEM ones not forgetting cheaper too. OEM ones has a lot of internal parts that you need to purchase. Given the budget I would go for Tracey's.

Bram said:
AR, If you do complete the update from 99 to 02...I'll like to purchase your stock HID lights if your car is equipped with it.

Thanks, Bram

Sorry mate our pre-face lift cars ( UK ) were not HID.

AR

AR99NSX said:

Cheers

AR

Personally, I'd go with an aftermarket front bumper. In my opinion, the stock OEM front bumper isn't low enough or aggressive enough to counterbalance the large HID headlights. That's what gives OEM 2002+ a type of "froggy" look.

A little lower, more aggressive front bumper seems to balance out against the large front headlights.

Which bumper do you have on docdan?

Back