• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 Valence brackets

If anyone has any insight, I would be greatly appreciated. I have a 92 NSX with stock bumper beams and reinforcement. I did the 02 rear valence upgrade long ago but realized the V bracket is not enough support to keep the valence sturdy. Not sure why I never noticed this before.
so here’s the questions
1. Are these the correct stay brackets connecting from the bumper beam to the center rear valence portion sustaining support?
2. Would the 02 valence brackets fit a 92 bumper beam since the 92 brackets were different or does bumper beam need to be modified to allow this to fit. Not sure if there are threads there to secure the stay bracket to the bumper beam

thank you in advance
below attached is the brackets I’m concerned about

Attachments

• 45980A1B-7F4E-49C1-B5DD-37F2F56FCDC8.jpg
    45980A1B-7F4E-49C1-B5DD-37F2F56FCDC8.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 99
The only thing I did was fabricate longer length support for the lower leading edge. You can bu yet the OEM brackets whic plug and play, however there is something satisfying about buying making and solving the problem with an OEM looking result. HTH

The parts you have circled are the same for all years. For the 02 valence 'upgrade', you need the equivalent 02+ of part 2 in the diagram above and the left & right stays - parts 18 & 21 here: https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com...a-nsx-2dr-nsx-t-ka6mt/outer-panel.html?PNC=26
The centre stay can be changed with the bumper on the car, but for the left and right stays you will have to remove the bumper. If you don't want to remove your bumper, you can fabricate an arm from the stay to pick up the hole in the bumper - fixed with a push-pin. The later centre stay sits about 1/2" lower than the earlier version, so you can always make up a spacer for that.

Back