• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ wheels on eBay NOT OEM?

I don't see the "forged" writing anywhere but who knows, maybe somebody painted them.

Fakes/copies I have a set in my garage I'd sell for cheaper if any of you guys want them:biggrin:

I just hope for you guys who have bought the FAKE ones didn't buy them from anyone having advertised them as OEM wheels. :)

I've seen threads about this before and one of the things I remember is the center caps and wheels not being the same color. IIRC the real wheels are not white white, but the off white color like the center caps.

...is the center caps and wheels not being the same color.

The seller is very tricky here. He shows a pic of the centercap which says 'Honda' whereas the wheels ifself are not Enkei despite the sellers claim. This is a lie. There are two obvious signs of FAKE wheels: the outer side has a groove which doesn't exist on true OEM and the offset is 4x mm which never was OEM. I'm just wondering how many sets of FAKE wheels are around. :confused:

I've seen threads about this before and one of the things I remember is the center caps and wheels not being the same color. IIRC the real wheels are not white white, but the off white color like the center caps.

The centercaps are championship white, this can be matched with paint, but not with powdercoat.

When people have OEM 2002+ wheels refinished to look like type R, they will often get them done simply in 'white', which does not match the OEM caps. The solution to this is to then paint the original 'A' caps white, and install red H stickers on them in place of the chrome 'A' emblems.

Mismatched wheels/caps are not enough to tell you a wheel is a replica, but it does tell you they're NOT OEM type R wheels.

These rims were made to order by jacksport about two years ago, they had them made in both silver, and white - weight is similar to the OEM rim, but they are cast, rather than forged. There is no 'forged' stamping on the front lip of the wheel, no part number near the centercap location, and the rear stampings are different between the OEM wheels, and the jacksport replicas.

If you're concerned about they being OEM type R, as this seller claims, the only way to tell for sure, assuming the centercaps match, and the wheels have the proper forged stamping, would be to verify the part number stamped on the face of the wheel around the centercap - this part number is different for the Type R vs OEM wheel, the resultant benefit being the type R wheels weigh less, around 3lbs less, in the rear.

It is not OEM Type R wheels. The spokes are too thick!!!

I just hope for you guys who have bought the FAKE ones didn't buy them from anyone having advertised them as OEM wheels. :)

I got suckered off of Yahoo auctions Japan as my buyer didn't confirm ahead of time.

I could swear having read here on prime that these are heavier than OEM.

Yes they are indeed heavier than the 02+ OEMs and much heavier than real NSX-R rims. They for those who just want the look.

For those who want to compare them. This is my NSX-R wheels. Check out the shape of the lip and the connecting point of the lip/spoke. The spokes are much thinner.
13449Type_R_Wheel.jpg

For those who want to compare them. This is my NSX-R wheels. Check out the shape of the lip and the connecting point of the lip/spoke. The spokes are much thinner.
13449Type_R_Wheel.jpg

Yep but they're pretty good fake. I wonder why they put so much effort into these? Is there a big demand in Japan?

Attachments

• IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 331
Yep but they're pretty good fake. I wonder why they put so much effort into these?
Well FAKE is FAKE. If someone is happy with cheap copies of the OEM product...to each his own. The problem here is that the center caps says Honda and they get advertised as OEM and people getting screwed over not having received what they've paid for. Actually, why did they create a different lip? :confused: I don't think they've put it much effort. :)

Well FAKE is FAKE. If someone is happy with cheap copies of the OEM product...to each his own. The problem here is that the center caps says Honda and they get advertised as OEM and people getting screwed over not having received what they've paid for. Actually, why did they create a different lip? :confused: I don't think they've put it much effort. :)

I said that because there is another fake and it's extremely obvious. When I bought the ones I did in the translation from babelfish it said some crazy stuff about it being original. Apparently the centercaps are but that's it LOL. Garagekite has some obvious fakes for those that want to see the other copies

Update...

I guess someone bought this through "buy it now." I feel sorry for the person. Upon closer inspection, the center caps are a different color than the rims. With the given photos, we can tell that the caps are real, but the rims are definitely fake. Guess the person is not a prime member, or is, but didn't see this thread. Either way, enjoy the expensive copies, and don't forget to brag about the "real" jdm enkei NA2 rims :biggrin:.

Back