• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'04 NSX or '02 911 TT

Which would you buy and why ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160045400453&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300042666804&rd=1&rd=1

Assume for the moment, both are available for $63K

Some obvious points......

NSX is a 6-speed, TT is "Tip"

TT has many upgrades, HP, body kitt, etc, NSX is stock

Almost 2 years of warranty available on the NSX, none on the TT

Last edited:
Very simple...NSX- rare, timeless, exotic and overall a very well balanced car. Value may go up since it is discontiued and the fact that they were never mass produced.

Porsche- even though is is fast and fixed up, it is dime a dozen, parts expensive, maintenance expensive, doesnt look all that to me. Unless you are getting the GT2, GT1, or GT carrera then I would not waste my money on that car.

Come to LA....lots of Porsches everywhere...can't tell one from the other.

1. If I don't need to worry about high maintenance, then the TT.
2. I like the blue color over the orange.
3. For look wise, NSX wins with a mandatory of lowering the car.

Tough choices...I like both of them. If the TT is as reliable as the NSX, then I would say get the TT.

Not crazy about the 996TT . Doesnt have that raw Porsche feel to it as did the older generation. Feels more like a fast luxury car. The GT2/GT3 are in a different class as is there pricetags. The NSX still has that raw feel and class to it. The 993TT on the other hand would be a better choice IMO. Remember power isnt everything. Get yourself behind the wheel of both cars and see which you like rather than which looks good. Also when dealing with a high performance car, the slushbox takes the fun out of it regardless whethers is trip or paddle shifting. Spending $60K+ gives you several options to look at. I use to be a power freak and to be honest power can be made on any car if your willing to shell out the money. Theres some NSXs here making plenty more power than other Porsche 911TTs. Both are within teh same range when dealing with maintenance are they dont tend to have your normal everyday problems.
Now the NSX in blue would be my choice hands down..:)

I had an 83 911 Turbo. The turbo lag was pretty evident.

About 3 years ago down in Florida i inquirted about a TT and the salesman tossed me the keys and told me to bring it back when I was done. :eek:

The twin turbo was world's different. Tap the throttle and the rocket thrusters went off with virtually no delay. It's a rocketship.

The 993 TT has the older porsche dash and it is horribly dated. The 996 while looking a bit dated now itself (now that the 997 is out) but MUCH better than the 993. And I happen to be a guy that needs the interior of the car (after all, that's the view a driver sees far more than the car itself) to look good to me.

I've driven both. I had 2 NSX's for 2 years total. Loved them. I've had a regular 911 for a couple of years (in the 80's) and an '83 911 turbo for about a year. Only drove the TT once for about 8 miles total.

Maintenance is another story. $149-$199 for an oil change for the TT. :eek:

(2 '04 NSX's in blue for sale here on "prime" :wink: but orange is my color of choice)

It's definitely a hard choice, I like them both. They are both great cars. Since you already owned 2 NSX's, I would choose the 996 TT since its different. Most of the people here would pick the NSX because you're on the NSX forum, but if you go to the porsche forum its vice versa. If you are planning to keep the car for awhile, the porsche is gonna go down in value awhile the NSX is gonna retain its value. I personally would hate to get the porsche 996 TT because the 997 TT is better looking and performs like no other. I've a 92 NSX and I'm dying to get an 02 NSX. Honestly, you always want something better and you'll never be happy because we all want more than one car to play with. I wish you the best of luck deciding on the car you want.:smile:

Interesting thread, I was reading autoweek's latest issue. In the classified section one the first page are two ads. The first for an 02 911 Turbo and right below it an 03 NSX in yellow. Both had under 20k miles, both 6 speeds and both within a about a grand price difference, as far as I remember but they were close.

That Cobalt blue is an awesome color but the tip is a waste. Ive driven them and its a little lame, not even close to an SMG. Porsche is faster and not all that common here in NJ but not even close to the rarity.

I love the 02 and up NSX body style and was actually in search of one but gave up last week and actaully bought an S2000 for myself.:redface: Now im a 100% Honda household, well except for the daily driver.

You know, I know about the "Tip" and all and I'd much rather have a manual but one of the factors is also the TT is much easier to get in and out of.

I'm getting up there a bit and have a herniated disc which is causing me a few problems and I wonder, if that gets worse instead of better, if getting in and out of the NSX will escalate from a minor annoyance to a major issue. :confused:

The thing that really scares me about the Porsches is the cost of repair. My '83 Turbo had 3 things go wrong with it. 2nd gear synchro, rear axle broke, and (well, I forge the 3rd) and each time it was $1,800 to repair. And THAT was almost 20 years ago.

I'm sure Porsches break far less often nowadays but still,,,,,,,,

For that reason alone (and the 2 years of warranty) I will most likely get the NSX.

Then again, that cobalt (Long Beach ? :eek: ) blue IS gorgeous and that car DOES have 480 HP and the Gembella body work DOES make it stand out from the pack (of Porsches). If that TT was YELLOW, brother, I'd probably already have bought it. :wink:

We'll see pretty soooooooooon now. :smile:

Back