• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'05 NSX Blue - Take over lease JH4NA216X5S000096

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parting would be such sweet sorrow.

I am looking to buy a home and would feel far more comfortable with the mortgage payments if I did NOT have my new leased '05 NSX.

It's a blue '05 with approx 2800 miles and NO issues. The mileage is exactly average for the 3.5 months I've had the car. One long distance trip up to Montreal.

Car is stock; no mods at all.

VIN is JH4NA216X5S000096

Standard Honda Financial lease deal - $799 + sales tax for the next 32 months (as of Oct 15). $7500 miles per year, $.15/mile over. I will also pay for the paperwork (if any). Your only out of pocket would be the security deposit (not sure what that is right now) and possibly the last month's payment (I forget - got the paperwork at home)

Car is in New Jersey about 20 miles from Bridgewater Acura (where I got it).

Any interest, please let me know.

Thanks

5/31/06 - CLOSED

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: '05 NSX Blue - Take over lease

Moderator Bump to reflect delay in approval.

What color is the interior? Pic's?

Sounds interesting - I'm looking for newish LB blues. What is the trade in value at the end of 32 months? Have you confirmed that the lease can be assigned? Some others had questioned this issue recently - not sure what the outcome was.

What color interior. Did honda finance ok the lease takeover? I Want to sell my 2000 and free up cash. I'm in south Jersey, were are you, North or South of Bridgewater? Thanks Mike

What is interior color? transmission?
& residual at end of term? 48 mos? 60?

Please tell me the price to purchase at the end of the lease. Also, how much to assume the lease. Thanks

Sorry guys. Wasn't home much this weekend. I am in Chatham, New Jersey, about 15 miles west of Newark.

Thanks "Mod". (I had forgotten to include the VIN. :wink: )

It's a 6-speed, black interior, and, as mentioned completely stock (as you would expect a leased vehicle).

"Standard" lease term is 36 months, 7500 miles per year, $.15 per mile over. Zero down, but you should be prepared to pay the last month's payment (which I have already made of course) and the security deposit upon upfront. (I will get those numbers tonight as well)

I forget exactly the residual but it's somewhere between 60-66. I will take out the lease tonight and check it. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier :redface: .

Yes, the lease CAN be assigned/assumed. The Acura finance guy I talked to (and I believe as an NSX'er posted here), told me I would remain on the lease as a 2nd borrower. However, Acura also tells me, in the event of a payment problem, they would first take back the car and then go after the then CURRENT leasee for any financial shortfall (NOT me).

So anybody wanting to assume the lease should be prepared to show/have a certain reasonable equity in a home or something similar (or perhaps post a bond or some other sort of financial instrument/guarantee), for me to be comfortable transferring the car to them.

No pics at the moment but I will try to take some soon if you really need them. You know what it looks like though. There are pics all over the place around here. :wink:

Any more questions, please ask.

Thanks

OK, after all the holidays, my vacation, various mis-communication(s) and "stops and starts", the findings are thus.......

The lease CAN be assumed and Bridgewater Acura assures me they will assist......

The residual is 59,245 and the lease is dated 5/14/05 so there are 2 years and 3 months left.

Approx mileage on the car right now is 3,400.

Anybody (still ?) interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
i sent you a Private Message about your NSX.

NSX-GUY, if the car is still available, PM me your phone number.

-Awais

NSX-GUY said:
The lease CAN be assumed and Bridgewater Acura assures me they will assist......

just for clarification. I called Honda yesterday to do this type of transaction on a regular TL for someone. As of Jan. 06 lease assumptions cannot be transferred to a new party. The original owner is still responsible for any late or missed payments. They said the only way they will now allow it, if we buy the car from the original lessee and sell or lease it to the next person. THIS WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE $799 program.:frown:

Let me state for the record, I will do anything and everything to help in anyway I can, if it can be done....it'll happily do it! Feel free to call me or PM with any details

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back