• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1:18 model

MotorMax?

What's the scoop on these MotorMax models? I've seen quite a few pop up on ebay. Are these new releases? What brick & mortar stores are carrying these? Why are they so cheap compared to the Kyoshos?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: new 1:18 models from Exoticar

nsx1164 said:
Just got their new catalog in the mail today... no pix on website yet.

#73140 1/18 2003 NSX (manufacturer unknown) in yellow or blue $24.95

nsx1164, the manufacture for that is motormax.

NeoNSX, you can get these from exoticar as well. I just bought some online but haven't received it yet. They have a blue too and its a preorder item.

Re: MotorMax?

PHOEN$X said:
What's the scoop on these MotorMax models? I've seen quite a few pop up on ebay. Are these new releases? What brick & mortar stores are carrying these? Why are they so cheap compared to the Kyoshos?

Thanks in advance for any info.

The Motormax 1/18 is a new commodity, Motormax does have a 1/64 scale for sometime now.

The Kyosho is still superior compared to the Motormax, its more in par with the Revell but for the price I'd stack up on some.

I already added 2 to my collection :D

Finally saw the Ebbro model of the NSX. It's incredibly detailed, as many here have said, and there are even side windows too. The shut-lines are very narrow, just like on the real thing. I didn't like the hinge mechanism on the trunk lid though. The way it opens is unnatural, with a motion that's both flimsy and fails to stay in its opened position. The glass hatch for the engine bay also didn't have the rear defogger lines, so that was a bit disappointing. In some ways, the Kyosho that I already have were better, although the front hood doesn't open.

Lazarus said:
Finally saw the Ebbro model of the NSX. It's incredibly detailed, as many here have said, and there are even side windows too. The shut-lines are very narrow, just like on the real thing. I didn't like the hinge mechanism on the trunk lid though. The way it opens is unnatural, with a motion that's both flimsy and fails to stay in its opened position. The glass hatch for the engine bay also didn't have the rear defogger lines, so that was a bit disappointing. In some ways, the Kyosho that I already have were better, although the front hood doesn't open.

Sounds like a true NSX Lover :D

So a REAL NSX isn't enough? gotta get 'em all!! :p

Back