• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1/4 mile trap speeds & times for CTSC/H/E NSX's ???

...I realize its an insult to the NSX's abilities to focus on this one dimensional test of performance...but I was wondering what others had managed to achieve with a Computech supercharger + H + E on their NSX's in the 1/4 mile, especially with regard to TRAP SPEEDS. (Particularly 91-94 models as I'm considering going the proven CTSC route for F/I)

Please specify if its was the 6 or 9 lbs kit (if u have that info) Thanks...

PS: In a search I didn't find many hits on this subject suprisingly.

I think you are looking at 115MPH. That is just a guess. There is not a lot of data out there. The comptech car tested in C&D was 117 - but it had the heavier bodykit etc. etc.

What do you think the difference between the standard 6 lbs kit vs the 9lbs in the 1/4? It is only an extra 20HP right?

Don, where will you go to run the car....MIR or Capitol Raceway ?? Let me know becuase I'd love to be there to witness the maiden run of your ride there :D (I'll bring my X too :) Also I can get a real world, seat of the pants feel of the CTSC/H/E at work** :)

Kevin,

Still trying to figure that out. All I know is that I have been busy with weddings this year, and I am almost done with them. After I take my wife on a nice night out, I'll be good to go. I'll let you know the details.

donwon said:
Probably ... I am going to take the "it wont make much difference approach" so I wont be dissapointed in case of a sorry run, or slower than expected time. But at the same time, I'll be secretly wishing it does. Hehe. Here a dyno of standard boost vs hi-boost Heres a dyno of standard boost vs hi-boost

Yeah, it does make more useable power. No question. According to the FAQ, an increase of 20HP dropped the 0-110 time by a second, so it is possible that it will be faster.

What do you think it will run?

If a stock 2004 NSX can run the 1/4 in 12.9 @ 108 ish, I would hope the CTSC launched correctly can turn high 11's @ 115.

Sounds good Don, definitely keep me informed !! :)

PS: According to my calculations, Don's car should TRAP at 115-116 MPH.

His RWHP was 330 RWHP **before** the SAFC adjustments/tune to the rich mixture. Meaning we'll say 340-ish RWHP now.

340-RWHP * 1.12-(~driveline loss) = 380.8 HP -->(which is VERY reasonable, if not pessimistic, for a 3.2 motor w/ CTSC high boost kit and full exhaust**)

1/4 mile trap speed for HP calculations ;

(TRAP SPEED/234)^3 * (Vehicle Weight with driver) = HP

Doing the math backwards, we get ;

(115.1MPH/234)^3 * (3200lbs) = 380.8 HP

So you see, assuming the launch + shifts are done all correct...and the ambient conditions aren't too warm/hot...you should definitely see a 115MPH trap* :)

E.t. is more difficult to come by as there are more variables difficult to determine, especially on street tires. However, based on that "trap" and the NSX's weight / handling/launching characteristics...I would *speculate* about a 12.4 e.t. with a good launch. (remember to drop rear tire pressure) ;)

--- Kevin

What's the record for an NSX in the quarter?

TurboLexus said:
What's the record for an NSX in the quarter?

I believe there is a specially built civic with an NSX engine that runs 8s or 9s.

As for actual NSXs, I have heard of NA cars with nitrous running high 11s at around 115-118 MPH.

For the FI cars, the FactorX Turbo, with 639 RWHP, IIRC, looks to be trapping in the high 120s-low 130s on street tires, with low 11s due to no traction from the street tires.

I believe there is a guy with an NSX that is pushing close to 1000 hp at the wheels, but I don't know if that car is set up for the quarter mile.

The NSX is not really a quarter mile car, so you don't see the kind of quarter mile scene you do with other cars, particularly those that come with turbos from the factory and offer simple boost upgrades.

In street trim, the fastest ones out there are mid to high 10's.

Full drag cars with like Adam S.'s is 7's, 8's or something like that.

There is not a large contingent of NSX's running 1/4 consistently, so the sample size is quite small. Most here do Road Course racing.

Yeah, limiting an X to quarter action is like taking a beautiful woman to the movies every night :rolleyes: . I was just curious, wondering if I could set one up for some road racing but still trap decent in the quarter (susp would be a compromise of course), would turbocharge it...but I think us 2JZ guys are spoiled with power. I didn't mean Signal's chop top Civic or Saruwatari's X, I was thinking of street cars, but if there's legit 10-sec street-trim NSX's out there then that's good enough for me. Thanks guys.

- Jon

We have a 9lbs Comptech NSX in my country that makes 12.20 in the 1/4 with drag radials and 11.95 with 50hp Nos. Very risky for my taste.
Remember that my prelude/Nsx made 10.21 @ 128 miles with stock pistons & rods with 160hp wet NX/progressive system.

NSXTASY AND DONWON
I just installed a standard CTSC and am running with CTheaders and stock exhaust. I will dyno it soon to check the air/fuel .... It runs VERY strong now when I push it, but is still smooth as silk for normal driving...CTSC is definitely the way to go/The mechanics (Dean and Mike) at AGILE PERFORMANCE were very impressed with the quality and fit of the CTSC ..... I plan on going to a 1/4 mile track on Friday night 7/23 ... Cecil or Capital weather permitting.... maybe I'll see you there.
(I'm a red/black '91). With headers only my best time (stock) so far was a 13.9 ...... stock street tires. The launch may be the problem until I upgrade the tires. I hope to break into the 12's now. Jim

CRISTO,

PM or E-mail on where you'll be 1/4 mile-in' your car when the day comes...I live not too far from Capitol and could easily meet you there...perhaps Don could make it on the same day too. I *may* even have a fellow NSX'er with a spare set of rear wheels that sport Nitto 555R drag radials for you at the track that day. (if traction becomes too much of an issue for you) I'm very interested to see the CTSC equipped car perform. Mine is also a red/black 91' Just out of curiosity...WHY don't you have an aftermarket exhaust to go with everything else...now its your biggest bottle neck. I honestly see you gaining 20RWHP being the supercharger AND headers are trying to flow so much more thru there.

Cristo,

Glad you are pleased the Comptech so far. Despite whatever number you put down, The silk driving and solid boost make the kit worth all worthwhile. Not to mention the ease of install and tuning. Ill see if I can come out to play that day. Cecil deff wont work for me, but I might be able to work out a night at capital. Keep us posted. Otherwise, I think I'll give it a go at 75/80.

Rob,

if you get your turbos in soon, let me know if you want to go run at 75/80.

NetViper said:
If a stock 2004 NSX can run the 1/4 in 12.9 @ 108 ish.

You got a link to this? I thought most NSX's do mid 13's in the quarter. 12.9's is unrealistic IMHO(unless drag radials/NOS is involved)

NSXLuvr said:
You got a link to this? I thought most NSX's do mid 13's in the quarter. 12.9's is unrealistic IMHO(unless drag radials/NOS is involved)

I think temple of VTEC got that time. Also, Car and Driver ran a 97 coupe at 12.9 @ 110 MPH.

NetViper said:
I think temple of VTEC got that time. Also, Car and Driver ran a 97 coupe at 12.9 @ 110 MPH.

There is a recent TOV test of the 2004 NSX/2004 TL. The video shows a 13.4 pass for the NSX, but their best run of the day in that car was 13.0, per the article.

The NA2 targas are high 12/low 13 cars all day.

Back