• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

10 amp Turn Signal/Cruise/Backup Light Fuse keeps blowing on startup

Here is a weird one guys...

My 10 amp Turn Signal/Cruise/Backup Light Fuse in the driver's kick panel fuse box keeps blowing on startup. I have to keep replacing it everytime I turn the key. Sometimes it starts fine after I replace the blown fuse, sometimes I have to replace it AND jump start the car.

I recently had help from Malibu Rapper on a stereo install and thought that maybe it was related to a short happening from the stereo at first, so I disconnected the main power wire from the battery for my amp because I thought that there may be a short and it solved the problem for 1 day, but now, it keeps shorting out again. I had to get a rental for a couple days because I keep having to ask people for jump starts, and it's getting very inconvenient. :(

As mentioned earlier, sometimes the car will start if I change the blown fuse without a start, but sometimes it won't. I am gonna take a look at it on Sat, but if you have any ideas or suggestions on what it might be, please let me know.

I think that there is a short from an exposed wire somewhere, but wasn't sure if it was a wire from the head unit harness during the stereo install, or something else. I have never had any starting issues prior to the stereo install, and the battery terminal connections are clean and tight. The starter wire on the engine block is also fully connected, so no loose connections there.

Thanks in advance for any detailed advice/info!

-Michael.

Back