• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

100 Coolest Cars in Automobile Mag... no NSX!

I am genuinely STUNNED. I just picked up a copy of the October Issue of "Automobile" magazine and the rank the top 100 "Kings of Cool" of cars from the beginning of time. Nissan 300, Mazda Miata, and the Audi S1 Coupe are among them. But no NSX what-so-ever! I may have missed it, but I scanned it three times. I really just don't understand.

Yeah, I saw that. All I can say is they are lame as hell and that is why I do not subscribe to Automobile.

I guess it's all subjective. I was watching 5th Gear last week and they named the Porsche Boxter the best all around sports car you can buy. Oy vay

So they put the Nissan 300 in there but not the NSX......WHATEVER!
that's complete crap!!!! :mad:

I saw that too. I was at the grocery store and it caught my eye. In my opinion, the fact that they didn't include the NSX undermines whatever credibility that rag may have had. The only explanation I can think of is that the editors of Automobile don't even know what an NSX is. After all, this is supposed to be the top <I>100</I>, not the top 10, and the judging criteria is ostensibly the <I>cool</I> factor. Gimme a break...

yeah, like anyone here really needed reassurance that his NSX is cool because Automobile magazine mentioned it :rolleyes: Mine came #1 in my garage and that's all what counts :cool:

I would like to see this list of the hundred 'coolest' cars then. I guess most not knowing what an nsx is, contributed to this. Can anybody post the list :confused:

That's it!!! :mad: I'm going to boycott buying that magazine... :mad: ...not that i was planning to buy it anyway. :rolleyes: :D

We all know the NSX is the BEST, and the rest of the world is crazy. Speaking of which... anyone checked out the latest OffTopic conspiracy thread?! :p

My father has a 67 vette. You would not BELIEVE the amount of sh!t I had to put up with b/c of that article. I am taking nothing away from a '67 vette, but an NSX isn't even in the top 100? Gimme a break.

Last edited:
The "editors" at Automobile should have glass windows installed in their stomachs so they can still see with their heads so deeply lodged up their behinds!!!

ADNOH said:
guys, guys did you read the intro to the list. they said that their editors were extremely biased in picking the collest cars. thats why i dont even know a single fact on half of the cars they listed

EDIT:
PS: heres the link to the link http://automobilemag.com/features/0410_coolest_cars/
Regardless of how biased the editors collectively were, it absolutely defies credibility that the NSX would not be included among the top 100 "coolest" cars. Like I said before, if it were the top 10 or even the top 20 or 30, I could see it. But the top 100??? Those guys obviously have their heads up their asses...

A VW minibus, a VW Beetle, and 60s Cooper? I'm amazed that they didn't have the AMC Pacer and the Ford Pinto in there too.. :rolleyes:

A VW Beetle cool? GET REAL! Nostalgic yes. Collectable yes. Cool NO.. These guys definitely need to get out more.

If the writers of this article really wanted to define a set of 100 cool cars all they needed to think of is the following two questions:

1) If I drive this car up to a group of 40+ year old car enthusiasts, on average would they laugh at the car when it rolled up, or when you revved the engine?
2) If I drive this car up to a group of teen age car enthusiasts, on average would they laugh at the car when it rolled up, or when you revved the engine?

If you answered yes to either of these questions then the car does not make the list.

[edit] Not to exclude 20 - 39 year olds :cool: , its just that the two groups I listed above tend to be the most critical of car enthusiasts. JMHO[/edit]

Last edited:
Here is what I said in a letter to the editor sent immediately after reading the article:

"I am not going to argue about the selections for the 100 Coolest Cars list. It is your magazine. But for your information, my 13 year old Acura NSX still gets "cool car" comments almost daily."

I read that and was shocked as well. No NSX, what were there people thinking??? :eek:

OMG a Fiat???? Thats got to be the worst pick on the list. If these cars are supposed to be cool, how fast you can pick up a girl in it should be the factor in choosing. Try doing that in a Fiat. "Hey baby, how about a ride in my POS Fiat?" What a JOKE!!!!! :rolleyes:

Back