• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

+12v in the trunk.

I am looking to power a VERY SMALL device. Maybe 1.5A.

Looks for an easy Switched +12v I can tap into. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Looks like power antenna has constant +12v. In addition remote turn on +12v.

Wiring all those to a SPDT Relay... now my trunk has a stereo controlled +12v (15A) power.

Looks like power antenna has constant +12v. In addition remote turn on +12v.

Wiring all those to a SPDT Relay... now my trunk has a stereo controlled +12v (15A) power.

What do you plan on powering up in the trunk? NOS? lol

just dont be mad when you get tons of engine noise.

since the NSX has been around since the 90's everything has been done.

more info on "WHAT" you doing in your trunk may yeild better answers

just dont be mad when you get tons of engine noise.

since the NSX has been around since the 90's everything has been done.

more info on "WHAT" you doing in your trunk may yeild better answers

How would that induce engine noise?

The power for the factory cell phone in the trunk. I think in the front left corner.

Why would I take out the factory car phone just to put in some speakers!?

nsxphone.jpg

THIS THING SCREAMS CLASS!

Why don't you just get rid of the CD player? It's 12 pounds with the bracket.

ANGUS I just figured he was putting in an amp and running the wires down the passengerside near the Alt.

I am tapping the audio from the CD Changer. HU will only feed the audio if it sees the changer.

Then get rid of both and go right into the amps. What do you need the HU for anyway? now you're saving 15 pounds... and making more space in your trunk and cleaning up more wiring. You can always just put it all back.

Then get rid of both and go right into the amps. What do you need the HU for anyway? now you're saving 15 pounds... and making more space in your trunk and cleaning up more wiring. You can always just put it all back.

Before my double DIN I did the same thing; iPod connected directly to the amp. Works like a charm.

Back