• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$150 for a brand new all aluminum NSX radiator with a 1 year warranty?!!??!

Last edited:
The problem with these cheap rads is that they use generic cores with generic tube and fin design and end tanks that flow horribly. They don't take into account the CFM of the stock fan, the pressure drops in air and water flow, even the proper pitch of the fins are important but most importantly the cooling capacity needed to support mild to wild engines.

Just because your OEM gauge on the dash, which doesn't read accurately enough until you're truly overheating, says you're ok... you could be running hot for example at a stop light on a hot day with the A/C on and no fresh air flow to the rad or in the canyons where the air is thin but it's 101F ambient. Your ECT might be at 230F+ and you wouldn't even know it.

Ultimately RPM is what generates the heat. On the track these cheaper aluminum replacement rads would not be adequate at all if you drive near redline (like you should!) even with big fans like Spals :)

I can speak from experience because for the past 3yrs we been developing a proper radiator for the NSX that is a 100% drop in and has the capacity of a racing radiator 3x it's size. Testing on my car and Jim's aka "Coz" monster track rat NSX is almost complete.

Here's a sneak peek. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
1016649_10151551494031588_728846263_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest guys. There's been a lot of work put into this in the hopes the technology and engineering methodology will translate into other enthusiast tuner cars. The goods news is that NSX owners will benefit from all the time and resources invested.

Jim's car is a track driven/raced prepped 600+ hp NSX that still maintains all the daily driver amenities like A/C, Sound System, and others. He's got a big Front Mount Intercooler and an additional heat exchanger for his Laminova oil cooler (that is also cooled by the engine coolant). The car is driven almost every weekend in some kind of track event or used for instruction in the HOT Arizona heat. There is simply no better NSX test bed and no better driver/owner to help in the testing.

We're finalizing the fan configurations now but like anything worth while it will not be the cheapest. Pricing will be better than competitive especially considering this fits exactly like OEM and allows folks to use the spare tire and other amenities.

Will be available thru Coz Motorsports very soon. We're considering a group buy to keep cost down if there is any interest.

I've had a Koyo Radiator in the RX7 and here are my experience/thoughts:

1. fits well
2. Had one leaked where the cooling fins meets up at the top of the tank
3. No warranty or outta warranty
4. Got a replacement Koyo dual pass radiator and then sold the RX7
5. Made in Thailand

I'm very pleased with my Koyo. I replaced mine because of age and didn't want it to fail since I drive my car long distances

I'm very pleased with my Koyo. I replaced mine because of age and didn't want it to fail since I drive my car long distances

I purchased a koyo rad recently and have a leak in mine.

i have put very few miles since it was installed.

I originally thought perhaps when it was installed, the bottom bleeder valve did not have an o-ring on it...

I immediately contacted the vender, they sent me a new one....I finally switched out the bolt and it's still leaking...

I have not had a chance to inspect it again.

I purchased a koyo rad recently and have a leak in mine.

i have put very few miles since it was installed.

I originally thought perhaps when it was installed, the bottom bleeder valve did not have an o-ring on it...

I immediately contacted the vender, they sent me a new one....I finally switched out the bolt and it's still leaking...

I have not had a chance to inspect it again.

Made in Thailand could mean ANYTHING........ like the gender of some of the folks trolling around in Bangkok.

Last edited:
Back