• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

16/17" Aftermarket wheel options still available?

Hi Primers!,

So, I know that 16/17 wheel sizes doesn’t get much attention in the section, but after switching from my 18” BBS RGRs (front/rear) back to the stock 15/16, it made a world of difference in ride quality. I daily drive and the commute sure is nicer with the extra sidewall of the stockers.

I considered going the 17/18" route by trying to find a pair of 17” RGRs, but I haven’t been successful.

I like the 7 spoke 16/17” stock combo so that’s always a fallback plan, but wanted to see what 16/17” aftermarket options still exist.

Appreciate any help with options and vendors.

I've been looking for 16/17 as well as I prefer the ride with these sizes and call me crazy but I prefer the look as well. I can tell you its gonna be tough to find wheels in those sizes with the correct offsets. The enkei rpf1's would fit the bill but you have to go to a +35 offset to avoid using a 5mm spacer on the front I believe and everyone has those wheels. I wish some manufacturers on here, like BC Forged Wheels, would do a special run of 16/17 in some of their designs.

keep on the lookout for folks selling 94-01 oem wheels.

I recently picked up some 16/17 Desmond Regamaster Evo's and 2 sets of 17/18 set-ups, one set of BBS LM's in NSX spec and one set of Tecnomagnesio's. Found all three sets within 2 weeks right here on Prime. You might have to refinish them to your liking but easy enough to find.

docjohn; Agreed. I like the look of the 7 spoke stock rims, but wanted to see what aftermarket options might still be available.

Sparrow, yes I really like several of the styles from BC Forged. I doubt they would be interested in 16/17" as they seem to be more focused on the larger sizes.

i considered aftermarket 16/17's,but what stopped me from putting money into new wheels in the stock sizes is the increasing difficulty of finding high performance tires in those sizes,especially the 16" fronts.i now have potenza re-11s which are wearing out. i went with 205's (down from the stock 215 size) in the front to get them,and you can still get those,but tire rack only has the rears now in 255/40-17,not the stock 245 size.

Back