• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

17 with a NSX!!!

Hi everyone, my name is Adam...I am 17 years of age....I live in Tallahassee, FL....and I have had a 1992 black on black NSX for about 2 months now....I feel like the luckiest person in the world.......Its such an amzaing piece of ART.....I bought it from Orlando, FL with only 16,500 miles on it....its not in the snap ring range....and the interior, engine bay, and paint job are nearly flawless....I picked it up for $33,200....what do you think?? Not a bad deal???

I am sure that most of you are thinking some criticizing thoughts about a teenager driving such a high performance vechicle...but let me assure you....I respect the power and ability this car has and intend to keep it that way...trust me...I will not wreck this thing (like some people might think)........I have been reading some of the posts on here and I think that everyone is great, kind, and informative....I feel priviledged to be apart of such a well-meaning car enthusiast community.......Cheers!!

:D :D :D

well, there goes my dreams of being the youngest NSX owner!
But congrats, I hope you appreciate it for all its worth!

And dont let the critics tell you what you'll end up doing to it,
or how to drive it, or that you're too young...take their advice
for what its worth...some good, some bad, but in the end, its
you who own the car, and you who drive it, so cherish that
aspect to its fullest potential! drive it like you stole it!

adamsacura said:
I am sure that most of you are thinking some criticizing thoughts about a teenager driving such a high performance vechicle...but let me assure you....I respect the power and ability this car has and intend to keep it that way...trust me...I will not wreck this thing (like some people might think)........I have been reading some of the posts on here and I think that everyone is great, kind, and informative....I feel priviledged to be apart of such a well-meaning car enthusiast community.......Cheers!!

It is good to hear that you understand and respect the performance this car has to offer. Welcome aboard Prime and congrats on the new car!

It sounds like you got a very good deal on your "new-to-you" X. Welcome to the group!

Welcome Adam! Next step is to join the NSXCA which will also get you membership in the Florida NSX club!
http://www.nsxflorida.com/
We have some awesome get-togethers where you can explore the limits of the machine.
Drop Wei-Shen Chin a line and let him know you've arrived.

xxx said:
well, there goes my dreams of being the youngest NSX owner!
But congrats, I hope you appreciate it for all its worth!

And dont let the critics tell you what you'll end up doing to it,
or how to drive it, or that you're too young...take their advice
for what its worth...some good, some bad, but in the end, its
you who own the car, and you who drive it, so cherish that
aspect to its fullest potential! drive it like you stole it!

Congrats! Drive it like you stole it? If you do that, you may not be driving it for very long.
John

adamsacura said:

Congrats Adam and welcome!!!! Glad to hear you sound responsible...17 is young BUT some people are very mature at that age and some NEVER mature at any age, depends on the person. If you dont do any street racing, your probably more mature than some older people that street race, just be sure to take it to a track!

Now the big question: who paid for it? ;)

Nice to see some other young(er) owners! I'm from South Florida but I'm considering making the move to Gainseville around January! :) Kinda close to tally...I'm sure i'll visit some friends up there sometime and keep my eyes peeled for your car!!

by the way: GO GATORS :)

Brian2by2 said:
Now the big question: who paid for it? ;)
Who cares and what difference does that make? I wish some sugarmama bought me my NSXs instead of me studying and working so hard for so many years before I finally got mine. :D
Welcome to the family, Adam. NSX owners are indeed so fortunate to be able to enjoy such wonderful creation.
Steve

Welcome to the boards.

I just wanna know one thing. What the hell are you doing that allows you to afford an NSX at your age that I wasn't doing when I was 17?

Lucky bastard. :)

Joel said:
Welcome to the boards.

I just wanna know one thing. What the hell are you doing that allows you to afford an NSX at your age that I wasn't doing when I was 17?

I have a hypothesis: Perhaps he has an older, wealthier SugarMomma, perhaps a MILF who is having a fling, and in addition to forcing him to perform on command, is forcing him to drive an NSX she bought him..??:D

Jeeez....

You lucky young pup...I had to wait 40 years longer than you to get mine. Congratulations! Now skip school for a few day and go to NSXPO 03'...I'll write the "excuse note" if your parents won't. Have a blast...and be CAREFUL!

Joel said:
Welcome to the boards.

I know this was directed towards adam, but since I bought a brand new C5 Vette back when I was 17 (now am 20 y/o), figured I'd chime in and let you know how I did it. One word: Technology. I started programming when I was 14; had my own web development biz at 15; did IT consulting when I was 16-17; and easily bought the C5 (among other rides) when I was 17. Still in the IT biz; also involved in Real Estate and financial markets; on top of school in the evenings. Hectic schedule to say the least :D

Regards.

-Awais

Sorry, I forgot the most important part in my previous post: Adam, big congrats on the X! It's an amazing car, and to have it at 17 is simply awesome! Enjoy the ride :)

-Awais

adamsacura said:
Hi everyone, my name is Adam...I am 17 years of age....I live in Tallahassee, FL....and I have had a 1992 black on black NSX for about 2 months now....I feel like the luckiest person in the world.......Its such an amzaing piece of ART.....I bought it from Orlando, FL with only 16,500 miles on it....its not in the snap ring range....and the interior, engine bay, and paint job are nearly flawless....I picked it up for $33,200....what do you think?? Not a bad deal???

I am curious as to what insurance costs are?
John

O-Ace said:
I know this was directed towards adam, but since I bought a brand new C5 Vette back when I was 17 (now am 20 y/o), figured I'd chime in and let you know how I did it. One word: Technology. I started programming when I was 14; had my own web development biz at 15; did IT consulting when I was 16-17; and easily bought the C5 (among other rides) when I was 17. Still in the IT biz; also involved in Real Estate and financial markets; on top of school in the evenings. Hectic schedule to say the least :D

Regards.

-Awais

He's got the idea...however more factors come into play here...its complex....I am a network administrator at a software development company, doing IT consulting on the side, along with a new project I have (www.kayeandlim.com).....its ok money, but I also manage an industrial artists park....but all in all...it was all my money that paid for it....

I am curious as to what insurance costs are?

well, it took dramatic life experience for me to mature to the point I am at now....with my former immaturity, driving inexperience, and simply being unlucky, I had a series of traffic offences....SO my insurance is INSANELY HIGH....approximately 6k a year, fully insured.......

Nice to see some other young(er) owners! I'm from South Florida but I'm considering making the move to Gainseville around January! Kinda close to tally...I'm sure i'll visit some friends up there sometime and keep my eyes peeled for your car!!

Awesome man....my sister goes to UF so I am over there every few weekends...Im considering transfering there for school...taking a break from living the life of a 40 year old....haha, oh and....GO NOLES!!!

I was fortunate enough to meet up with a few other NSX owners up in ATL this weekend...it just reconfirmed my theory that NSX owners are the nicest enthusiasts in the world...

O-Ace said:

Regards.

-Awais

Let's go over my time line when I was 15-17. Well at 15 I was getting to work at 4AM. I was in charge of finishing the donuts, putting in the jelly filling, and let's not forget applying the sprinkles on the top. I became the leading authority in my town on breakfast food accessorizing, contemplating my own TV show. In light of these efforts, by 16 I had been promoted to actually making the donuts and not just finishing. This lovely shift started at 8PM and went to 3AM. I was living like a rock star packing the jelly bombers into my donut smelling car for delivery. By 17, I took a career change making the jump to retail selling cheesy IOU sweatshirts, bolo ties, and Z Cavaricci and MC Hammer pants.:eek: Can't touch this....

After that, I had enough money to easily buy an 86 Chevy Cavalier or Cavillac as I liked to call it. ;) Can you beat that one?

"...and one day I will be on fries and that's when the big bucks start rolling in"

jlindy said:

"...and one day I will be on fries and that's when the big bucks start rolling in"
LOL! I know a few people in the restaurant biz...maybe I can put in a good word and have you promoted straight to Hamburgers! From what I hear, that's where the real money is :p :D

-Awais

congrats on the car..good to hear im not the only 17 yr old with a nsx..enjoy the car and take care of it!

I want NSX said:
..good to hear im not the only 17 yr old with a nsx.. [and] Location: in your girls bedroom..
You already let us know your age bellow your avatar.:rolleyes:

Back