• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18-19 or 19-20 combo??

Hello all,

Forgive if this rim combo subject has been discussed several times before. Does anyone have any info on this combo? Would the fronts rub? I have had 18's in the front before and had no problem. Last, how does it look? If you guys could post some pics I would greatly appreciate it. I am in limbo between 18-19 ,19-20.

TIA,
brian

Where is Ken?? :smile:

Maybe he will remember me :smile:

brian
The new guy :wink:

ExoticMD said:
Where is Ken?? :smile:

Maybe he will remember me :smile:

brian
The new guy :wink:
I am here. You're not exactly the new guy, of course. Far from it! I remember... you owning a whole series of NSXs (how many?) :D ...and at least one was a convertible. :D

Hope to see you at NSXPO 2005 in Phoenix. And if you can't make it there, then at NSXPO 2006, which will be a lot closer to you! ;)

Yellow Rose said:
Forgive if this rim combo subject has been discussed several times before.

Then do a search herein, so you do not have to ask for forgiveness. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any info on this combo?

See above comment, regarding the "search" feature of PRIME.

Would the fronts rub?

They will rub like a farmer's overalls without underwear. In other words, yes.

I have had 18's in the front before and had no problem.

On what vehicle......a Hummer?

Last, how does it look?

Like the doggie surprise I stepped in this morning.

I am in limbo between 18-19,19-20.

Good Lord. Why not try 20-22.....with spinners? :frown:

TIA

Welcome, you be.

This is the funniest reply I've seen in a long time :biggrin:

gallery%2Farticles%2FCarisma%20NSX%2F018%2Ejpg

Here's a picture of an NSX with 19/20 combination.

Looks like a 4X4, It might look good with a kit desinged for a car with 19/20s.
The brake rotors look silly to.

DB92 said:
Looks like a 4X4, It might look good with a kit desinged for a car with 19/20s.
The brake rotors look silly to.
I think for the look 18/19 are probably the biggest sizes one should go. Beyond that, it looks silly as you said. Then again, to each his own. I just use these pictures as styling references to taylor my own need. And this picture is a perfect example of why I will not put a big wing on my car. I think this wing looks redundant and obtrusive.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
I think for the look 18/19 are probably the biggest sizes one should go. Beyond that, it looks silly as you said. Then again, to each his own. I just use these pictures as styling references to taylor my own need. And this picture is a perfect example of why I will not put a big wing on my car. I think this wing looks redundant and obtrusive.
Steve

Yea the big wing is not my taste either.

nsxtasy said:
Here's a picture of an NSX with 24/24 combination:

wNTA0OTg3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Wow with the right kit those 24's will look great!! 19/20s are so 2004.
You wont ever have to jack up your car again, just get on your hands and knees to reach for your oil filter.

DB92 said:
Wow with the right kit those 24's will look great!! 19/20s are so 2004.
You wont ever have to jack up your car again, just get on your hands and knees to reach for your oil filter.

But im a little concerned about the 5 series tires. I think you should run 7 series to keep little tiny rocks from damaging your wheels.

I already know your envious of my paint skills so dont even try to slide one of those sarcastic remarks by me.

Back