• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18x8 w/38mm, which front tires to use without rubbing?

Hey all,

I have 18x8 w/ 38mm offset with 215-35-18 tires (FRONT) and a 0.7" drop with Tein s-tech and koni yellows and have no rubbing problems at all. I was wondering if the switch to 225-35-18 tires, will my front rub? A lot of people say that their front rub at full lock and over bumps.

I'm also wondering if the Teins will ever settle?

Thanks,

Ken

With the 225/35-18 size, some people have reported rubbing, and others have reported that they do not have any rubbing.

nsxtasy said:
With the 225/35-18 size, some people have reported rubbing, and others have reported that they do not have any rubbing.

Yeah, that's what I found, which seem strange since tires sizes are pretty standard and were talking about the same car. Maybe it depends on the suspension?

As I said before, I have about a 0.7" drop w/ Tein s-tech and konis on the front. Anybody else know?

I find that after I lower it. It rubbed in the inner fender at full lock.. At stock height there was no rubbing.

running 18x7.5 +43 Volk GT-C 215/35/18
in front

Back