• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Barn Find 2974 mile JH4NA1157MT000843

Turbo is so right! Painting the calipers red - damn man - good thing that is easily reversed - geez. This whole thing about this car is kind of a bummer thread. The guy that had this car in the family talked to us for a long while now somebody buys it and is posting all about it like it's something new to us and it's all about resale I mean there is just something that bugs me about that. The guy that should have bought this car ought to be the one that is fulfilling a dream - not trying to pump it up and figure on the resale.....sorry but this is kind of a turkey post in my book.

BTW - this is not sour grapes - it's all about being a real collector - this car comes along once and should go to someone that wants to keep the car and be the preserver of the car - not paint the calipers red and re sell it. I know it's not my car - and I don't have to read this post but I couldn't take it any longer and just had to say something. Others may not care but I have a feeling that there are some on here that feel exactly like I do about this deal! :confused:

You obviously got the wrong idea from my posts. I say that I may keep it or I may resell it after awhile. I collect cars. I love NSX's. I was looking for the lowest mile 91 that I could find FOR ME. Then came across this one. It seemed like a very cool project for me and maybe a keeper. I never decide until a car is done. Also, if I don't keep it, it' may go to a good friend and "customer" of mine in Dubai who has 40,000 sq ft of the greatest cars in the world.

Don't assume, know the facts before you start calling this thread a turkey post. You have no idea about me and my collection.

I paint the calipers because I am a real collector. I have Ferraris, Porsches, etc and guess what... we paint calipers. The car is stunning and very original. The caliper painting is my personal preference and it's my car. Easy to undue for the next guy if I sell it.

I am trying to keep the integrity of the originality. The shiny black paint behind the windows on both sides has a tiny bit of flaking/peeling. But very small. Normally, I would make a car perfect, which would mean painting that entire part of the roof. But I decided to leave it. It tells a story, a MUCH better story than rusty calipers.

Last edited:
I have Ferraris, Porsches, etc and guess what... we paint calipers.

Yeah but in those cases, you are bringing back to original condition calipers that were already red from the factory. Here, you are changing a mint stock car.

Believe me on any other NSX I wouldn't say a thing... I mean I have tons of mods on my own car and it is the last year of a possibly collectible car. But this car is all about originality and being MINT and STOCK. There are a lot of things that can make it look more modern and better. I mean it has those dated wheels and tires, dated exhaust, it sits high, there are lips that can make it look better, an 02 valence, etc. I am just not sure this is the car for that stuff. And I find red calipers to be as bad as a sprayed front grille that should be black or something. It's what kids do to their civics and corollas. These are not big Brembos.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, and I totally respect your car and what you have done to bring it back to like new condition. I am sure whoever gets it afterwards too will really enjoy it. But if I was that colector in dubai, I'd tell you to put the calipers back or else.... :) If I was a collector of any sort, I'd be so happy to find such a clean low milage car but that red paint on the calipers would really be a red flag for me. It would make me wonder what else was done to the car, and if it was then put BACK to factory. It would take away.... is what I am trying to tell you.

Last edited:
One interesting mechanical talking point....
We found the front brake lines had "collapsed".

Yea that IS interesting and rather odd, never heard of that before.
(thanks for sharing the finer points of the rehab)

...and in your defense, you bought the car, paint the calipers any color you want and walk into the sunset smiling...

doesn't mean that I agree though, I think it should be kept 100% stock and such would have been my preference if I had purchased it

Bose head unit can't be repaired.

" unrepairable " due to a capcitor inside that had ruptured and ruined an unavailable board

Anybody have an OEM Bose head unit for sale???

You obviously got the wrong idea from my posts. I say that I may keep it or I may resell it after awhile. I collect cars. I love NSX's. I was looking for the lowest mile 91 that I could find FOR ME. Then came across this one. It seemed like a very cool project for me and maybe a keeper. I never decide until a car is done. Also, if I don't keep it, it' may go to a good friend and "customer" of mine in Dubai who has 40,000 sq ft of the greatest cars in the world.

Don't assume, know the facts before you start calling this thread a turkey post. You have no idea about me and my collection.

I paint the calipers because I am a real collector. I have Ferraris, Porsches, etc and guess what... we paint calipers. The car is stunning and very original. The caliper painting is my personal preference and it's my car. Easy to undue for the next guy if I sell it. Oh by the way, nice find......

I am trying to keep the integrity of the originality. The shiny black paint behind the windows on both sides has a tiny bit of flaking/peeling. But very small. Normally, I would make a car perfect, which would mean painting that entire part of the roof. But I decided to leave it. It tells a story, a MUCH better story than rusty calipers.

With all due respect, you may be a real collector but not a purist collector. I'm a member of the purist police and would not paint the calipers..yes I know it can be reversed.

On the caliper thing. They look so good! Maybe it's that Ferrari/Porsche red caliper yellow caliper thing. I might change them back, don't know yet.

I don't mind the criticism, in fact, I've invited it several times. Everyone has their opinions. It was that post about "turkey post, etc...".

i think you should also do the antenna mod , short antenna tail is alot better imo stock is ugly

OOHHH NOOO! No more mods! I already have the purist police on my tail, any more mods and who knows what'll happen....

Bose head unit can't be repaired.

" unrepairable " due to a capcitor inside that had ruptured and ruined an unavailable board

Anybody have an OEM Bose head unit for sale???

Bummer...

there is a Primer that does work on amps and such, BrianK, he may be able to help with the head unit fix or at least he may have a source for a working head unit

Bummer...

there is a Primer that does work on amps and such, BrianK, he may be able to help with the head unit fix or at least he may have a source for a working head unit

It looks like I've been bailed out by another Primer. But I might send the busted one to him and see if it can be resurrected. I'd love to be able to put that stock head unit back in there.

gas-motors, you do exactly what you want to do to the car. It's yours and if you want to paint the calipers red, have at it. Personally, I'm going to have my calipers powdercoated red 'cause I think it looks cool as hell on a Formula Red. Go on, son!:biggrin:

Personally, I'm going to have my calipers powdercoated red 'cause I think it looks cool as hell on a Formula Red. Go on, son!:biggrin:

Personally I think painting the OEM calipers looks tacky and too try hard IMHO...

But yeah your car... Do what you want to it!

Last edited:
Well, I bought another 91 with lower mileage and after some serious soul-searching, this beauty will be going up for sale very soon. I'll be posting a recap list of everything that we've done, for those of you who have shown interest.

BIG THANKS to everyone who helped with the radio.

Attachments

• DSC_0118.JPG
    DSC_0118.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 350
Well, I bought another 91 with lower mileage and after some serious soul-searching, this beauty will be going up for sale very soon. I'll be posting a recap list of everything that we've done, for those of you who have shown interest.

Wow congrats! Another NSX with even lower miles than the 2974 one? Got any info, pictures, miles?

Now that it is a bit less special (kicked to the curb by a lower mile sample), I say SUPER JDM WIDEBODY... SLAM IT! HELLA FLUSH!!!! 19s YO!!!! FERRARI REAR!!!!! ROLL THE FENDERS!!!!!!!!! BOLT SOME CHEAP FIBERGLASS ALL AROUND THAT BABY!!!!!

I kid, I kid :D

Seriously though... crazy finding one that somehow has lower miles than that one. Where did that thing come up? I'd love to know what these are going for. Personally wouldn't buy one because I have a burning need (near addiction) to molest cars at least a bit (tastefully though, none of the above violations :tongue:), but I think cars like this are a decent barometer of overall interest in the NSX by the broader community now that time has moved pretty far along.

go buy another NSX with lower miles corner the market in low miles NSX's

there cant be to many more out there.

but lower than 2900 miles we would have seen that forsale somewhere so

I call BS.. pics or its not real. LOL

are we all kids about NSX or what LOL

It is possible that he purchased that NSX in Chicago with only 53 miles to her!

maybe. more power to him if he can buy another low mile NSX i think im just jealous. LOL

Haha! that's wicked! Good on ya...

I see the Countach in the background. My mate has this (pictured) super low mileage LP4000S that sat in a California museum prior to Monaco and now in Dubai. He also has another Countach (LP5000 QV?) that is being restored after a hard life here in the sandpit...

LamborghiniPictures006.jpg

LamborghiniPictures007.jpg

what with all the low mileage older nsx popping up for sale in the recent 6 months?? I counted 7 NA1 on ebay with 45k or less. Back in 2008 when I purchased mine there were only a few below 45k for sale, most of them were beat or above 70k. I figured my 15k 94 was a gem.

Well, I bought another 91 with lower mileage BIG THANKS to everyone who helped with the radio.
-

:eek: ...lower mileage... :eek:

Only know of one with lower miles:
owned and for sale by Csenoner (w/ 53 miles in Chicago)
Did you buy it?

Glad to hear that the radio got sorted out, thats good news

Back