• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 black/black CTSC, 6-spd w/4.55, PG-II, Tien +++ (JH4NA1158MT001614)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjs

Legendary Member
I am offering my black/black 1991 NSX for sale. I’ll get the bad news out of the way first. The left side of this car was recently maligned when a truck changed lanes into me during morning rush hour. Fortunately for me there were plenty of witnesses and the truck was well insured. While there was no frame damage (which seemed obvious at a glance but I had it checked anyway) the entire left side needed new panels. So it got new factory front fender, door, rear quarter, rocker, mirror, rear bumper cover. When I bought the car it had a 2-scoop hood made from a new factory aluminum hood. That was not damaged and I still have it, but I decided to buy a new stock hood while the car was being repainted. With that many panels already being done the car got a total repaint. The work was done by Pro-Tech just West of St. Louis in Pacific. They came highly recommended by other NSX owners as well as the local Bentley/Maserati dealer and a variety of local exotic owners. They spent a great deal of time on the car and took pride in putting it back better than it was before the accident, or came from the factory for that matter.

Those of you who won’t own a car that’s been damaged and repaired, no matter how nicely, are excused. No hard feelings, I know it’s a personal thing. The rest of you may wish to read on because this car has lots of serious parts.

The car has 32,xxx miles on it. At 22,xxx miles it was sent to Mark Basch and received the following:
· Comptech Supercharger - Standard boost (but would install hi-boost at cost if interested)
· Comptech headers
· Comptech exhaust
· Brembo 12.9 inch front & rear with dual Comptech parking brakes
· Basch brake proportioning valves
· Factory new 6-spd + Comptech 4.55 R&P + Comptech conversion kit
· Comptech PG-II clutch
· Comptech non-compliance rear beam
· Comptech non-compliance toe link kit
· Custom Basch gauge pod for boost & fuel pressure
· Side and rear window tint.

Those items at some friendly discounts plus the labor came to $30,117.50 not including shipping the car to/from Basch Acura.

Other items installed by the prior owner:
· Tien RE coil-overs
· Technomagnesio wheels 17 x 8 and 18 x 10
· Comptech harness bar
· Dual Schroth 4-pt street harnesses
· Zanardi floor mats

As you might guess, I haven’t added anything other than a recent set of S-03 Pole Position tires. The seats are near perfect and I’ll include a brand new fitted car cover as sold here by HRANT (I bought two and you can have the one still in the box.) I also have an aluminum coolant tank if preferred over the stock one. It has Acura keyless entry but I don’t know if it was factory installed or added later.

That’s about it. You can add up the parts alone and see that they would cost you well over $30k. And unlike some cars where the claimed $$ invested include lots of poseur parts, “Hi-Fi” etc. that you might not even want, this is serious performance hardware and all in great shape.

Asking price: $46,000 Serious offers entertained, but I think this is a very good deal for anyone who wants an NSX with these parts.

So why am I selling it? As some of you know, I also have a 1993 TT that I bought some years ago and was tracking, then I bought this one because it already had all the parts I wanted and only 1/3 the miles on it. However, about the same time I bought a racecar and quit tracking my NSX to focus on wheel-wheel. So I never got the ’91 to a track event and it spent most of the time I’ve owned it stored in a friend’s garage while I used the ’93 as my daily. In the past few weeks I’ve purchased a second racecar, a 44ft trailer, and another big truck to pull it. And I was short on space before that! Now I got the ’91 back and I hate to impose on my friend again just to have it sit in the garage. I could drive it, but it will never look better than it does right now so I decided to put it up for sale.

I’ll try to borrow a decent camera and get some pics, but frankly it will look pretty much like a black NSX with Technos, Brembos and a CTSC, and pics won’t do the paint justice. If you are interested you’ll want to come by or send someone to inspect it. This is a very nice car with a lot of great modifications by the best shop in the country.

If the car is still available, I'd like all the details and photos you can supply. Then we can go from there....

Please PM me through this forum....

Has this car been sold? Can you email me pics and more details? robert.chatman at gmail.com

jammaljc said:
I never heard back from sjs, so don't hold your breath.....

Sorry!!! I'm not out here much these days. An email or PM would have reached me as Onsoku just did. I certainly wasn't ignoring you, I just didn't know you had posted to this old listing.

The car is still available. I had it on Cars.com for awhile but didn't get a decent offer so I let that expire until I get around to doing a better job of marketing it. Busy times, so I still have it.

SJS,

I'm very much interested in your car and emailed you (through NSX Prime), but I haven't gotten a reply back from you. Just wondering if you got my email or not. Let me know, email me back when you can.

Thanks,
Migs

sjs,

I got your PM and replied. I also emailed you directly to your email address that you have listed below. I didn't read your latest post in time so I wasn't able to include "NSX" in the subject line in my email to you. PM me if you don't get it.

Thanks,
Migs

sjs said:
The AT&T spam filter seems to be trashing things from Prime. I'll try to resolve that, but meanwhile please email me directly at [email protected] and make sure NSX is in the subject. Sorry again.

Well there's been a flurry of interest lately but offers have been a bit short. Meanwhile, when the weather turned nice I started driving it a couple days per week. Now I'm pretty well resigned to keeping and enjoying it while I overhaul the 1993, which will take me a year or more at best. So if someone wanted it badly enough to offer close to my asking price I'd sell, but otherwise I'm content to drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back