• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX won't start

1991 NSX has been starting just fine. Replaced the starter and ignition a few months ago and it started just fine this morning. Tried to start to go home and nothing. All the lights come on, click from the relay and I can hear the fuel pump. But the one thing I notice is that the voltage gauge does not drop like it normally does and the starter does not click. I’m not sure what to look at next.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

***I have found the problem. It is the top pedal pad of the clutch. The pad had come apart and the clutch switch would not close.***

Last edited:
this is common you can put bubble gum and some tape or a business card in the hole or tape the clutch switch closed and fix when you get home.

this just happened to my buddys NSX recently

- - - Updated - - -

this has happened alot lately maybe due to age these rubber/plastic parts are starting to give out

this is common you can put bubble gum and some tape or a business card in the hole or tape the clutch switch closed and fix when you get home.

this just happened to my buddys NSX recently

- - - Updated - - -

this has happened alot lately maybe due to age these rubber/plastic parts are starting to give out

hi Shawn, i have a same issue so i bought a plastic pad to replace it, but still no crank, tried to press clutch pedal a few more times all the way to the floor then turn key, nothing happen, any ideas? is it the safety switch need to replace? thank you

when you turn the key does the instrument lights come on like normal?

try this......make sure the key is in the ON postision next open engine glass there is a small wire coming off the starter open the fuse box above it you will see the JUMP start part it has a cover over it that is your Positive side of the battery, get a long wire that will touch the small wire on the starter to the main power

the car will start. report back or call me another member sent you my number in an email I am on my way out for a pre birthday party for me and I can swing by if your in tampa

Back