• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 painted blue JH4NA1152MT003021

Guys, I am telling you. This car was painted in 1991 for the Chicago Bulls player Scottie Pippen. This was well before Midnight Pearl or Monte Carlo Blue even existed. I am sure it is close to one of those colors, but not the exact same.

Guys, I am telling you. This car was painted in 1991 for the Chicago Bulls player Scottie Pippen. This was well before Midnight Pearl or Monte Carlo Blue even existed. I am sure it is close to one of those colors, but not the exact same.

Maybe it's not the exact OEM mix of Midnight Pearl, but it's damn close if it isn't. It looks nothing like Monte Carlo Blue in person. Looks very purple. This car was originally Berlina Black if that helps.

attachment.php

Here is a picture of our cars at a recent mini get together we had. In my opinion, the camera brings out more of the purple in the car. To my eye, there is more blue in the paint than the camera shows. That being said, I agree with Mitch that the paint is too bright to be Midnight Pearl and too purple to be MCBP. This, I'm sure, will be wonderful to explain when I eventually need to get new parts painted...I hope I can find a shop that matches paint well. When I have some time off from work, I'll try to take some better pictures with an actual camera instead of my iPhone so we can get a better look at the color.

Jon

I hereby name the color of this car "Pippen Purple"

I hereby name the color of this car "Pippen Purple"

I love it. I will tell everyone that is the color of my car from now on...hahah

- - - Updated - - -

l.jpg

This is an image of a Super Sonic Blue Pearl Integra (color was released later into the Integra line). I kind of think this is a close match to the color of the car.

Jon

Definitely agree! Much closer to Super Sonic than Midnight pearl. Regardless, car looks great! And super cool it was owned by Scottie Pippen!

I love it. I will tell everyone that is the color of my car from now on...hahah

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 98785

This is an image of a Super Sonic Blue Pearl Integra (color was released later into the Integra line). I kind of think this is a close match to the color of the car.

Jon

Back