• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Steering Box Bushings

I recently was told my rack and pinion was worn out, It only has 50k on it. The only wear I can find is lateral movement on right outer bushing. I have only seen one blow up saying to replace the outer bushing on rebuild. Now I cant find anywhere to purchase this bushing. also having a difficult time removing it.

any help is useful, Thanks

Thanks Ian.

- - - Updated - - -

Wavey, I had about the same thought to reinstall a new oil light bushing. I removed the clip in front of the old bushing and used a slide hammer to remove the brass but it would not budge.

I suspected loctite or another Lan being cut and the possibility of it being threaded in.

I did come across one exploded view and comment to replace this Item (10) but couldn't find the article again or the part in any Acura drawings.

thanks for your advice

Farren

- - - Updated - - -

Wavey, I had about the same thought to reinstall a new oil light bushing. I removed the clip in front of the old bushing and used a slide hammer to remove the brass but it would not budge.

I suspected loctite or another Lan being cut and the possibility of it being threaded in.

I did come across one exploded view and comment to replace this Item (10) but couldn't find the article again or the part in any Acura drawings.

thanks for your advice

Farren

Back