• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 fo4 44K wow

Typical used car "big deal" add for the mileage. No substance - obviously it doesn't have the stock exhaust system and the wheels are aftermarket, but nice. I like the wheels.

Someone has done some modding to the car so what and how much and what maintenance? Most likely someone looking to cash in on the mileage part - and what of the snap ring???? Lots to ponder here but 44k??? I wouldn't pay that and wouldn't recommend that and without knowing anything about the car -obviously they want you to call - it's hard to peg its value.

My 2 cents but I'm sure it's nice.

That is a tough one to price because of the mileage.UUUUMMMMM 40,000 if everything checks out. Thats just a wild guess. I dont really see to many early NSXs with that low of mileage. Soooo Im having a hard time on this one.

Well, let's look at it this way. The average NSX owner will put on about 3-5000 miles per year. 10 years from now that car will have about 40k on the clock.

By year 2021, how many 30 year old NSX's will have only 40k on the clock? Not many. Right now most '91's through '94's have pretty darn near 100,000 miles.

Someone will always pay for clean low mileage cars. Considering 10 years from now there will be maybe only about 4000 or so of these in the States.

You might see that car sell near that price. As time goes on, unmolested NSXs that can easily be put back in stock condition become more desireable. The maintenance for that buyer is a non-issue as they'd likely replace all the fluids and do a TB/WP right away.

You might see that car sell near that price. As time goes on, unmolested NSXs that can easily be put back in stock condition become more desireable. The maintenance for that buyer is a non-issue as they'd likely replace all the fluids and do a TB/WP right away.

+1 I think we are in a market bottom for the NSX right now. I think early-year, unmolested, all-stock cars with service records will start to go up in price in a few years. This car and others (RX-7, Supra TT, etc) are to my generation what the 60's muscle cars were to my parents' generation and look what all-originals are doing in that market! Mark my words this will be a hot collectors' item in 10-20 years.

If we ever get out of this poor economic condition we're in - they may go up faster than that! I would think more like 5 years! I intend to keep the miles low on mine. I have about 48k on it now. I've had it a little over a year and bought it with 44K something like that. So I guess I'm doing around 3k to 4k a year. I have all the stock parts that came off the car -every one. Mine could easily be restored to totally OEM.

I still doubt that this car will get 44k. But like everyone says - how many of these are there out there? I would say damn few. Still high for something that needs about 2200 in maintenance I bet. If you could get it down below 40k - it might be a pretty good deal.

For a 92', the seats are well kept and the leathers are in very good condition. Usually the early 90s have cracks and wrinkles on the seats.

Crappy looking exhaust.

What do you think it is David? i thought it was just a later model NSX exhaust? Is that not what it is? That's what I have on mine - although I'm not sure why anyone bothered to replace it.

Anyone know if the later model exhaust is technically better tuned than the early model exhaust? I always kind of like the oval pipes - I have them and actually have thought about putting them back on? What do you guys think - I have the comptech headers....

Thanks - sorry for semi hijacking...

It states it is a Hennessey HP Exhaust?, whatever that is:).

This is definately a snap-ring car.

I see no mention if all the original equipment, wheels/exhaust/etc. that was removed for the mods, are available.

I also do not see any maintenance items, and it is probably a 20 year old timing belt.

Food for thought.......

Regards,
LarryB

And that's exactly what I meant by this is another "big deal" offer by a salesman that found a low miler and thinks it's worth a million skillion - in his dreams....

Larry is right on the money with his comments and that's what we've come to depend on from him !!! This is the cold hard reality and this salesman has no clue about any of this or he's hoping that the "sucker" ....mmm I mean prospect won't either. :rolleyes: These deals are appetite wetters but then reality sets in and you take an asprin and get over it.

It states it is a Hennessey HP Exhaust?, whatever that is:).

This is definately a snap-ring car.

I see no mention if all the original equipment, wheels/exhaust/etc. that was removed for the mods, are available.

I also do not see any maintenance items, and it is probably a 20 year old timing belt.

Food for thought.......

Regards,
LarryB

Back