• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 NSX Red/Black 16K miles VIN# JH4NA1154NT000106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sale Pending 19apr07

1992 NSX 16,250 miles VIN# JH4NA1154NT000106

Changing life situation forces sale of a car that I thought I would be keeping for many years. I searched long and hard before deciding on this particular car.

Purchased the car from the original owner, a car collector in Pennsylvania, with 13,325 miles in 2006. Car was kept snug and warm in a climate controlled garage during the harsh winters during its lifetime there. He drove it only on clear, sunny spring and summer days and had never seen rain before it found its way to Hawaii. Since my ownership it has seen rain twice when I got caught out unexpectedly… happens in Hawaii. Car is in excellent condition and barely broken in. First owner changed oil and filter on an annual basis.

I have receipts and maintenance records back to 1999. Prior records are not available due to the dealership from which the car was purchased and serviced, going out of business.

The car was 100% stock when I purchased it and includes OEM Acura keyless entry with alarm with 2 remotes, all keys, including the original “Titanium” key that has never been used, along with all books and manuals.

Since purchasing I have kept a log of work done to the car. I have also added and have done the following to the car….
<O:p</O:p
Timing belt and water pump change 03/06<O:p</O:p
Engine hatch glass and trunk struts replaced 03/06<O:p</O:p
Alpine 6 CD changer 05/06<O:p</O:p
Oil changed- Mobil 1 synthetic and OEM Honda filter 05/06<O:p</O:p
Replaced spark plugs 05/06<O:p</O:p
Ceramic front brake pads after lightly turning rotors due to pad transfer problem 05/06<O:p</O:p
Replaced transmission fluid w/ Honda MTF 05/06<O:p</O:p
Downforce CAI w/ Uni filter 05/06<O:p</O:p
Flushed and bled entire brake hydraulic system 06/06<O:p</O:p
Flushed clutch hydraulic fluid 06/06<O:p</O:p
Fuel filter replaced 06/06<O:p</O:p
16/17” blade silver wheels from the 97-2001 NSX w/ OEM Yokohama A022 tires 06/06 <O:p</O:p
Installed Dali window fixit thingies and lubed window tracks 06/06<O:p</O:p
Replaced both door speakers and subwoofer w/ rebuilt OEM components by BrianK of NSX Prime 06/06<O:p</O:p
Removed 2 passenger door dings by PDR 06/06<O:p</O:p
2 new rear tires installed Yokohama A022 245/40-17 07/06<O:p</O:p
Alignment 08/06<O:p</O:p
NSX-R replica red carpet and mats installed 10/06<O:p</O:p
Replaced main relay with reflowed unit. Original reflowed and kept as backup. 10/06<O:p</O:p
Dali chassis stiffening rear lower bar 10/06<O:p</O:p
Replaced front lip w/ updated lip from 96-2001 NSX 10/06<O:p</O:p
Flushed and bled ABS system using tool from NSX Prime forum 11/06<O:p</O:p
Replaced both O2 sensors 11/06<O:p</O:p
Dali Smart TCS 12/06<O:p</O:p
JDM DC5R Recaro red seats w/ Taitec sliders 01/07<O:p</O:p
CCU board replaced with rebuilt BrianK unit 03/07
Sale includes all stock parts that were replaced.

OEM black carpet in excellent condition
<O:p</O:pOEM mats in good condition
OEM black leather seats in excellent condition<O:p</O:p
15/16 stock wheels in fair condition with Yokohama A022 tires<O:p</O:p
OEM Acura car cover<O:p</O:p

There are 2 known problems that need to be disclosed, but I have taken steps to offset these problems to the next owner...<O:p</O:p

Unfortunately, the car is in the snap ring range. However, I will include in the purchase price a spare 5-speed transmission from a 94 NSX with short gears already installed. The transmission was purchased used and has never been installed. It has been stored as a spare so that if/when the original ever exhibited signs of the dreaded snap ring problem, it would be available to install as a fix. However, to date, the car has not shown any signs or symptoms that indicate the snap ring has broken. As a precaution, I have removed the cover to the snap ring for inspection and found it unbroken and tight in its seat. Car shifts crisp with no slop at all in the linkage.<O:p</O:p

The other known problem is the front bumper has a ding in it where the previous owner bumped into something in his garage. I have tried to buff it out, but the dent goes below the paint and has slightly deformed the plastic. I will include an OEM upper bumper that was bought new and sprayed by the person I purchased it from, but was never used. The bumper is presently black and will have to be resprayed Formula red before use. It is in as new and excellent condition.<O:p</O:p

Car runs well and tracks perfect. I had the alignment redone to conserve tire wear and so far has been working great. Paint is detailed to a very high gloss and the car lives in an enclosed garage when not out being driven on perfect weather weekends only. No accidents or repaired panels. All original paint with a few chips on the front bumper and hood. I will include touch up paint from Paintscratch.com, which matches very well.<O:p</O:p

Asking $36k as configured. I would be willing to adjust the price if you wanted to have the wheels or seats swapped out for the originals. Buyer will be responsible for any shipping costs involved for both the car and parts. Car is located in Hawaii on the island of Kauai. I will take the car anywhere on island to the garage of your choice for inspection as long as you pay for the PPI.<O:p</O:p

Don’t miss this chance to own an excellent condition, pampered, low mileage car that has been well maintained and sorted.<O:p</O:p

Please PM or email me for more pictures and info.

[email protected]

nsxsale1.jpg

nsxsale2.jpg

nsxsale3.jpg

nsxsale4.jpg

nsxsale01.jpg

nsxsale02.jpg

nsxsale51.jpg

nsxsale61.jpg

nsxsale71.jpg

nsxsale81.jpg

Last edited: