1994 NSX Pre-purchase questions

uku

Registered Member
So, I am getting a PPI on a 1994 NSX. I know the car is 21 years old, so I do not expect it to be perfect. Thar car has 74,222 miles on it. I have some questions that I am hoping to get help on:

Exterior:
Owner describes the exterior as "None (history of bodywork), there are a couple very small blemishes (two dings smaller than the size of the eraser on a pencil) and some light scratches here and there (none into the paint, easily removed with a good buff and wax). "

My biggest concern. I saw this in the front right wheel well area. Are these weld marks from a repair? I couldn't find any signs of respray and these markings spread in a continuous line onto the component riveted on that is adjacent.

This is what I see overall:

The trunk seems a bit uneven (higher on the right side):

The diffuser seems a bit off:

Interior:
Owner describes the interior as "
Interior is in near mint condition with no rips, tears, or unusual wear. Radio and all interior electronics work as they should. Heat and air work great. No service lights on at this time."

This is what I see:

I would not consider this near mint. It's in good condition for 21 years old, but not mint. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Car is not mint. Sun visors have been recovered due to splitting at the seams which is very common. I know there were some changes with the late 1994 Brookland Green NSX's, such as having the roof body colored, however there seems to have been some paint work near the engine compartment. Take a look at the picture where I outlined in white.

engine cover.jpg

Good eye. Is that for 91-93 models with the black top, or for all NSXs including ones with color coded tops?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like all years should have that portion black. I drove 500 miles to see this car...should I walk?? I'll ask the owner, but he said no paint work has been done.

Don't want my emotions to lead me to make a bad decision...

more than meets the eye...

trunk was removed at some point or the rear quarters were removed and not installed correctly.

most aftermarter body panels never fit right so that's normal.

whats the price or VIN we can get info form Honda data base see is there was some repair done

Shawn is the expert.

Do a google search on the VIN. The ad from Birdgewater Acura is still cached. It shows the front end also and the buckets for the headlights were also supposed to be black and these are green.

The last few Brookland Green NSX's had a different paint scheme as Honda was tooling up for the NSX-T where the roof was also body colored. See if anyone can give you pictures of their 1994 Green.

So, I ended up getting this car and love it!

Looked all over the car for damage, but couldn’t find anything more. Took the carpet off in the trunk and everything with the NSX technician and people with body shop experience and all looked good. The strut area seemed normal, and the green in the engine compartment is actually normal for most 1994 Brookland Green cars; every picture I found for green cars had that part painted green, not black. So, I am confident that was a tooling/process change thing as they moved to body colored roofs.

I had a leak down and compression test done, and the car passed with flying colors. They did find a leaking fuel injector and a blown strut during inspection, both of which have been addressed :)

Thanks for the help!

great news thanks for the follow up..we have a thread on prime for those willing to post what they actually payed for their car...helps us to gauge the market based on condition...

haha yinzer getting randy:wink:

I am sure you can appreciate the rare find you have. Only 100 ever brought to the US;)...

Congrats!

LarryB

Thanks everyone!

I really want to drive the car more, but unfortunately, my driveway is too steep so I have to get my wife to set up wood blocks every time I come and go...Not ideal at all. I had a NSXPrime member test the driveway with his 91 NSX and he made it fine. Weird. At least his car passed that test because I am not sure if i would have gotten the car if it didn't, lol.

docjohn, is this the thread you are referring to?http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...X-(and-when-)/page10?highlight=purchase+price

yes thanks for the inclusion! btw what part of the car is hitting?

Thanks everyone!

I really want to drive the car more, but unfortunately, my driveway is too steep so I have to get my wife to set up wood blocks every time I come and go...Not ideal at all. I had a NSXPrime member test the driveway with his 91 NSX and he made it fine. Weird. At least his car passed that test because I am not sure if i would have gotten the car if it didn't, lol.

docjohn, is this the thread you are referring to?http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...X-(and-when-)/page10?highlight=purchase+price

Sound like a candidate for the lift kit.

Ilift baby!!!!

I think it hits on the sides. I go in at an angle as much as possible, but the driveway is narrow (single car) and the curb goes up rapidly at the sides : (

I looked into the iLift. Sounds great, but too expensive for me.

wow the sides:confused: can you post a pic...the front lip is usually the culprit..but if that clears I can't imagine what else would scrape.

Back