• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1996 NSX-T Formula Red/Tan in Dallas, Texas w/70.5K miles (VIN: JH4NA1184TT000131)

I have finally decided to sell my NSX after almost 8 years of joyful ownership. I'm hoping to find a great home for her! Details below:

VIN #:JH4NA1184TT000131

Year: 1996 (6/15/1996 original in service date)

Mileage: 70,6xx. I purchased the car in 2005 with 27,4xx miles on the odometer. So over the last 8 years the car has seen light but regular weekly miles (about 5,400 per year).

Exterior color: Formula Red

Interior color: Tan

Car located in: Dallas, Texas.

Modifications:
Completely stock except for a Shark Attack radio antenna. I still have the original motorized metal antenna. **This car has NEVER been tracked and raced.**

Ownership History:
I am the 3rd owner of this NSX. I met the previous owner personally. I flew to Raleigh, NC to meet him and take delivery of the car in December 2005. He was a middle age owner who was an avid car collector and took immaculate care of the car. He told me the 1st owner was also an “older” gentleman. During my pre-purchase inspection, the inspector told me he didn’t think the car had ever seen rain. Of course, it has seen rain with me!

Appearance:
  • Exterior condition is very good. This car is still a head turner and I get frequently comments about how great the car looks. Some minor paint chips on the front end and hood that can only been seen from a few feet away. The corner of the rear fender on the driver’s side has an abrasion (only cosmetic) from a moment of carelessness when I was backing out of my garage earlier this year.
  • Interior condition is also very good.
Maintenance:
This car has been very well maintained by all three owners including myself. I have all 17 years of detailed service records from all owners. Under my ownership all maintenance and repairs have been conducted by Goodson Acura of Dallas. All major work has been done by Acura Master Tech Curtis Owens who is THE “go to guy” for Dallas NSX owners. Richard Furcht has been my Service Advisor at Goodson Acura since I have owned the car and can provide a testimony to the care we have given to this NSX and to its current mechanical condition. The car has a clean Carfax report and a copy is available upon request.

Pre-purchase inspection just completed in Oct 2013. Master Tech Curtis Owen at Goodson Acura completed a full 28 point pre-purchase inspection. He removed and cleaned the battery cables and I also had the clutch master cylinder replaced and the system filled and bled. Other than those two items, Curtis says the car is in great shape.

Condition of common wearable items:
  • Just replaced battery, Nov 2013
  • Seats recently reconditioned and driver side left bolster repaired. See pic in attached Link.
  • The AC has been recently serviced and blows very strong and cold. Replaced evaporator, expansion value and O-rings around compressor hose in July 2013. Removed and rebuilt climate control unit in April 2012
  • Replaced drive side window regulator (lifts and lowers glass) in Nov 2011.
  • Replaced inner and outer CV boots in December 2008
  • Clutch has 23K miles on it.
  • Timing belt and water pump have 30K miles on them.
  • I replaced the rear hatch window struts and the trunk struts myself. They are all still very stiff and should be good for at least another 10 years
Collision repairs: Both repairs below were done by Goodson Acura Collision Center. They have certified Acura collision experts and also work on high end Audi automobiles (Goodson Acura and Audi of Dallas share the same owner).
  • March 2012 – repaired front fender (surface damage only) from another car backing into me in a hotel valet line.
  • December 2009 – repaired front end damage caused by an unmarked road hazard (aka. pothole.) I was very anal about this repair. I spent an inordinate amount of my own time working with the insurance adjuster and shop to get this done right. The collision center did a final post repair measurement using a Blackhawk Shark Ultrasound System and tolerances were incredibly tight in the repair area. I have all the paperwork and final readings for this repair.
I have both main keys, 1 valet key, a velvet car cover, and the original 1996 Acura NSX showroom brochure.

Here are some photos. I will add more soon: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7y1rv1s25jl8kyj/ZpJmDWXv6b

Asking price: $38,500 or best offer. (KBB.com values the car between $37.8K and $41K.)

pls inquire at: [email protected]

Last edited:
Back