• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 NSX - 9,800 Miles JH4NA2168WT000139

This car is under consideration for purchase. There are no maintenance records available, so I can only assume the timing belt and other scheduled maintenance will be required. The fact the car is very low mileage leads me to believe it will hold its value very well in the future. I would appreciate any feedback with regard to potential issues due to the low mileage and the fact that it obviously has not been driven? Also, does anyone have knowledge of this particular NSX?

Thanks!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j..._year=2000&start_year=1997&isp=y&lang=&cardis

Price seems high to me. Low mileage is nice, but if it hasn't had the timing belt and waterpump done you are looking at spending a lot more money very soon.

I think $47k is the top of the market for this car but thats just me:biggrin: $10,000 over wholesale is enough:wink:

The engine bay looks like they were off-roading with it! Either it is a bad pic or that thing is filthy.

Thank you all for your input. I was looking at $49K for the car and I did see the car on ebay. As far as the engine bay and wheels, I am not sure about either. With regard to the timing belt and water pump, I kind of figured I would have to drop some $ on those. But, if $49k is high and I have to put another $1K or $2k into it, well I am thinking a better car will come my way. Plus, given the mileage I am afraid I would be hesitant to drive it and I really did not want a garage queen.

Thanks again to the respondents to my post and to the members of this site in general.

The engine bay on EBAY looks clean to me. Also, why not just bid it out there and pick it up for maybe $44 or $45K? That's what I would do. And don't bid until the last 10 seconds, then if the proxy bid is higher, you should still have about 2 seconds to bump your bid.

JM

nsxtacey said:
looks like it has 94-96 solaris silver oem wheels :confused:
or i need to get lasik?

Your eyes are fine. I noticed that too. Wonder why the correct wheels (Blades Silver) are not on the car? It's possible the previous owner liked the Solaris Silver and traded with someone.

If the car is clean and there are no open issues, you should pursue that car. The mileage is low. Think of it this way: $49K is your investment including the maintenance you will need to do. Therefore the price you offer the guy is $49K- $2k(timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses and cam plugs)=$47K. I think that is a great catch for an impeccable 98 with 9800 miles on it.

Would anyone have a picture of the correct wheels for this car? I would simply like to see the difference. Also, does not having the correct wheels affect value in anyway? As far as price is concerned, from my discussion with the dealer they seem to be stuck on $49K. I am not going that high for a car I will have to put money into. However, if they go lower I would seriously consider.

I would like to once again express my appreciation to this site and its members. I am very much looking forward to becoming an NSX owner.

Here is some info about the OEM wheels in the seven-spoke style.

Model years from 1994-1996 had this wheel (which is the wheel that appears to be on the car you are looking at):
Solaris Silver, paint code NH-536M (a gunmetal gray color)

13519DSCN0494-med.JPG

11041Pic012-med.JPG

Model years from 1997-2001 had this wheel:
Blades Silver (a bright machined/brushed looking finish)

11230DSCF0176-med.JPG

9023DSC02522_edited-2.JPG

Thanks for the pics. The blades silver would be my preference and I wouldn't have had a clue if not for this forum.

Back