• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 NSX-T Black/Black, 56K miles, NH/Boston JH4NA2161WT000001

Status
Not open for further replies.
** Deposit received, sale pending **
The time has come to sell the best car I have ever owned. I have had this car 7 years, a record for me, but I rarely drive it anymore and it's time for a new owner.

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 2
Car was sold new by Greenwich Acura in CT, and the original owner traded it back to Greenwich in 2004, where I bought it w/ 31K miles. It was one of those rare cars w/ "perfect history" - one owner (prior to me#, no mods, no accident history, clean title, original sticker, freshly serviced, no negatives#

CLEAN TITLE? Yes

CLEAN CARFAX? Yes

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? #IF YES, DETAILS# None

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? #IF YES, DETAILS#
Car got "egged" on one rear fender, and a shopping cart ding on the other - these areas were refinished and repainted at the Prime Acura bodyshop affiliate, along w/ the nose for stone chips - have receipts#

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION?
In the time I owned it, I have gotten the regular oil changes, the 60K service, rear pads/rotors, replaced an 02 sensor, a power seat switch, and a glove box latch# Just got a fresh timing belt/water pump #July 2011## Have receipts from my ownership, but Greenwich would not include records from the 1st owner#

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL# TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS
Tires: OEM Bridgestones - fronts are new, rears a year old w/ "5/32" indicated by Acura dealer#
Brakes: Fine, rear rotors replaced in 2007, pads are at 6mm fronts, 7mm rears
Belts: New timing belt/water pump July 2011#
Hoses: Fine to best of my knowledge but I have not replaced any of them#
Suspension: Stock, all fine
Fluids: Regular oil changes, 60K service #incl brake/trans fluids) done 10/07

MODS None

Condition: Excellent throughout but not perfect, I'll call it a very nice 56K mile driver# No door dings, a little rash under the front spoiler# The wheels are nice but not perfect# Driver seat, floor mats and exit/entry sills have some visible wear, has an occasional scuff or scratch here & there# Runs and drives superbly#

Negatives: both the power steering and AC have given up their ghosts#
I posted on the power steering here but did not get any replies so don't have a real diagnosis. The car throws a mysterious code 3 which I could not track down. I sent in the EPS module to BrianK on this forum for his standard fix, but that did not cure the problem. I find the car quite drivable as-is, just increased steering effort at low speeds so didn't pursue it further.

And the AC just faded out. I got a recharge and it worked great .. for about 1 day, then faded out again. Compressor is fine, has a refrigerant leak.

Car also has the standard slow windows, weak rear trunk lid shocks, and audible interior aspirator fan. Car has the original clutch, which is good and bad - good because it is a hint that the car wasn't abused, bad because they do have a lifespan and who knows how much is left. It works fine right now. I strongly encourage you to inspect the car, I don't want any surprises for the new owner.

Track use: a grand total of 3 track days during my ownership, these were novice drivers ed events with SCDA at NHMS in Loudon, NH.

Options: Has the the remote entry, but not the CD changer. Also has an original NSX carphone! :)

Price: $34K firm, price reflects AC and PS issues. Please I am hoping for serious shoppers, not people who don't know if they can get financing, or maybe want a 911 instead, etc etc. thank you.

Any questions: PM here, or email to tmauro, at excite d0t c0m
+ ** Deposit received, sale pending **