• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 CTSC Price Point

I hope this is not considered offside, but i am seeking some advice about selling my 1999 CTSC (in Halifax), US car, 90K miles, all maintenance up-to-date, well sorted etc (see: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148578&highlight=1999) I offered it at $43K, got some nibbles. Lowered to $40K, nibbles. Just curious as to opinions on price point. Am i in the right ballpark?

Only selling as i have my eye on an a specific F355 (that won't be available forever).

I think that your car would sell quickly at that price if it were here in Toronto.

Halifax may be a bit out of the way for buyers...Looks like a nice car though.

GLWS!

if i had the money i would jump on it (although it's black and can't stand it anymore)

So yes, the price is REALLY good, you are just a bit far for most buyers.

For what it's worth I looked at your car but as a prospective shopper here's what held me back (it wasn't price):

Yes your car is pretty far from Toronto, but I drove to Ohio to inspect a car personally in my quest, and had one in Arizona inspected as well. Halifax is a lot further than Ohio however so for me the only option would have been having you take the car somewhere reputable (ie. not an Acura dealer, not a McLube type place) for a PPI, and I don't feel there's many shops out east that could reliably provide a thorough PPI on a SC'd NSX, let alone a stock NSX. You may know your car is in wonderful shape and you've cared for it impeccably, but I wasn't willing to bet $40k on it. A suggestion if you're really having a hard time selling (because 40k may be a very fair price for your car, I don't know) might be to take the car to a known and respected shop in the north-eastern US, have them go over the car with a fine-tooth comb, compression test, leak-down, etc and provide the results of that inspection in your for-sale ads.

Just a thought.

Back