• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 NSX T

I didn't say I did.

I am just tired of all the NSX owners who think their car is worth WAY more than it actually is. They are soooo stubborn.

2000's with less miles can be bought for low 60's these days. 2000 and 2001's are MUCH better cars than the 97-99.

Originally posted by nsxtime:

2000's with less miles can be bought for low 60's these days. 2000 and 2001's are MUCH better cars than the 97-99.

Much better??? Pardon my stupidity, but how so is a 2000 "MUCH" better than a 1999 NSX?

I am just tired of all the NSX owners who think their car is worth WAY more than it actually is. They are soooo stubborn.

I know of a 1999 which sold for upper 60s and a 2000 which sold for 70 even, both within the last month here in the mid-atlantic. I guess those sellers were stubborn too...

And as Si said, could you explain exactly what makes a 2000 "MUCH" better than a 1997-1999? The suede interior?

Have you driven a 2000 or 01?

If you have you would know. I take it all of you have not.

In one word. "syncros"

The gearing so much smoother in 2000+ that it's hard to explain. IMO that is worth the "so much better" remark.

I have seen numerous 99's sell for under 60 with less than 20k on the clock. There was also a 01 that just sold for 64k with only 2,000 miles, and a 2000 with 1800 miles for 62k.

If you want to sell your NSX you have to be fair on price. More than 3/4's of the prices listed on this forum are WAY to high.

Lud, do you REALLY think 99's are worth in the 60's even though 2000's are selling in the low 60's with hardly any miles?

Are you just another person trying to keep the NSX prices up. I think the latter is obvious.

In one word. "syncros"

The gearing so much smoother in 2000+ that it's hard to explain. IMO that is worth the "so much better" remark.

I have seen numerous 99's sell for under 60 with less than 20k on the clock. There was also a 01 that just sold for 64k with only 2,000 miles, and a 2000 with 1800 miles for 62k.

If you want to sell your NSX you have to be fair on price. More than 3/4's of the prices listed on this forum are WAY to high.

Lud, do you REALLY think 99's are worth in the 60's even though 2000's are selling in the low 60's with hardly any miles?

Are you just another person trying to keep the NSX prices up. I think the latter is obvious.

are you an owner of an NSX or just someone that thinks they know the machine?

I just checked the autotrader.com site, and noticed that there are a number of cars (1999s included) going for more than his asking price of $65,000, and most with considerably more mileage.

Is that price "high"? To me, yes, as $65,000 is still a lot of money. Is that price inflated or unreasonable? Since I can find a number of "lesser" cars for more money, I think not. I would rather label it as a "good buy".

NSXTime, you are definitely entitled to your opinion, but the statement "Your car is the same as a 97 and 98." applied to a 99 is similar to saying that a 1993 NSX should be considered the same as a 1991. Two years difference is two years difference.

Also, I would agree with Lud - what is it that makes a 2000 much better than a 1997-1999? The synchros? It's not like the 97s didn't come with synchros.

If someone wants to sell their NSX, they do not have to be fair on the price, they can ask whatever they want. Have you ever driven a 1999?

Have you driven a 2000 or 01? If you have you would know. I take it all of you have not. In one word. "syncros" The gearing so much smoother in 2000+ that it's hard to explain. IMO that is worth the "so much better" remark.

Yes, I have driven a couple 2000 NSXs actually. The transmission is marginally better in my opinion. I bought my 1998 after having driven a 2000 because I did not think a 2000 tranny was worth chasing down. If you feel there is a huge difference, that is fine, but I think only a small minority of owners would agree that the difference is signifigant.

There are so few 1998-2001 NSX out there that there is always going to be a fair amount of variation in pricing. One person may be in a hurry to get rid of theirs. Another may be willing to wait a year to find the right buyer. One part of the country may have lower prices (I'm told Texas and SoCal have low NSX prices these days), while others may be higher (the northeast seems high).

You cannot expect every NSX of the same year and miles to sell for within $1000 of every other NSX with the same year and miles because of all those variables and the extremely small number of cars involved.

I ran into a lot of this attitude when I was selling my '91 NSX. Someone would have seen or heard about one that sold cheap would call or e-mail me and say "Oh I can get one for $27k with the same miles, you need a reality check on your price!" I ignored them all and ended up selling it for my asking price of mid-30s to the second person who was serious enough to come see the car in person (the first wanted it too, but couldn't get the financing).

I have to say your accusation that I am trying to manipulate pricing is not welcome and is completely unwarranted. I have no plans to sell my '98 and have never hinted that I might or even "shopped it around". In fact I think it is more likely that I will buy another NSX in a couple years and keep my '98, so from that aspect it would be in my personal interest to see prices come down over the next few years.

All I did was report the selling prices for two cars in my area. If you are familiar with comparable NSXs which sold for less, those people got good deals and I am happy for them. But since some people ARE getting the price this gentleman is asking on his car, he would be foolish to not at least see if he can find a similar buyer. And certainly an asking price is not always a selling price, either.

If I were trying to do as you suggest, I would be responding to ads for people selling NSXs at low prices telling them to raise their price, or telling people who are looking for an NSX at a low price to forget about it. Instead, you are the one telling people how they should price their cars.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 13 June 2002).]

Lud,

Suggestion: Would you PLEASE disable the ability of people to post replies on Marketplace threads? All it does is create confusion and draw out the morons (hi nsxtime - this means you).

Seriously though, I don't think there's any reason why anyone should need to post a reply to any Market thread if the seller (original poster) put a valid email address into their original note.

I didn't say I did.

This statement is way out of line. Who are you to make the judgement that there are "all these NSX owners who think their car is worth WAY more than it actually is"

To me that sounds like somebody that is bitter and pissed off because the car is priced out of their range. This happens on the Supra forums all the time.

You don't like the price, too bad. Posting crap like that on someone's sale thread is bad form and insulting the entire community is worse.

PLUS, you slammed Lud? You've gotta be kidding...

"Your car is worth $57,000"... Nice that you can make an absolute statement about the value of a car you've never seen.

A car is worth what someone will pay and not a penny less. Deal with it...

Originally posted by spookyp:
This statement is way out of line. Who are you to make the judgement that there are "all these NSX owners who think their car is worth WAY more than it actually is"

To me that sounds like somebody that is bitter and pissed off because the car is priced out of their range. This happens on the Supra forums all the time.

You don't like the price, too bad. Posting crap like that on someone's sale thread is bad form and insulting the entire community is worse.

PLUS, you slammed Lud? You've gotta be kidding...

"Your car is worth $57,000"... Nice that you can make an absolute statement about the value of a car you've never seen.

A car is worth what someone will pay and not a penny less. Deal with it...
I just sold this 1999 NSX T for $62500 to the first person who looked at it. Cash on the barrel head. The Kaiser Silver was very unusual color and he loved it. Thanks for all your input.

Originally posted by MAKO:
Lud,

Suggestion: Would you PLEASE disable the ability of people to post replies on Marketplace threads? All it does is create confusion and draw out the morons (hi nsxtime - this means you).

Seriously though, I don't think there's any reason why anyone should need to post a reply to any Market thread if the seller (original poster) put a valid email address into their original note.

As one of the moderators of this section I have to agree with Mako on this one. I, for one, am absolutely sick of the crap that gets posted here by people hiding behind their stupid anonymous handles and for a seller to fail to provide an e-mail address to respond to is just silly.

Congratulations to Philip on getting his price.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

I believe there are legitimate circumstances where the reply function is useful.

However, as a result of this episode, there has been a policy change to the Marketplace where criticism of someone's pricing is no longer allowed - moderators or the administrator will delete any such messages.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 14 June 2002).]

In one word. "syncros"

Wake up! I recently acquired a 2000 with 2000miles for 70k. Steep on the price? You bet. Perfect in every way? You bet. If I wanted a low ball price, then I would have looked for the absolute lowest price without anything else in mind. That would have been stupid for such a high dollar car. If you want perfection, PAY the price. If you want a low price, then SETTLE. After a 97 with 14k on the odometer, the 2000 IS NOT any different than my old 97. Seems actually worse if you ask me. Perferated leather is cool, but way more expensive compared to my 97.
BTW, Lud has no interest in keeping the prices up on NSX's. What would he gain?

Back