• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 NSX vs. 1999 3000gt VR4

1999 nsx vs 1999 3000gt VR4

• NSX

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • 3000 Gt Vr4

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I'm glad it's a Limited Edition. Still, 25 3000GTs in the US with this spoiler is 25 too many.

Attachments

• 007961-e.jpg
    007961-e.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,472
I went from a VR4 to an NSX, and the NSX is a superior in every way.

Also, I'm one of the orginal members on 3si.org, and I still post from time to time. I have no idea who gave you the idea that only 25 VR4s were made. It's 287 to be exact.

The VR4 looks good on paper, performs poorly in real life situations.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,444
may be he meant the VR4 falls under Top 25 limited edition in USA...

Ojas said:
Holy cow. :eek: So a total of 287 3000GTs invaded our shores with that wing?!? That's 287 too many, then. :D
Not to mention the ones on the Evos...

evo6wing.jpg

3000 GT VR4

Ojas said:
I'm glad it's a Limited Edition. Still, 25 3000GTs in the US with this spoiler is 25 too many.

The other day I was driving down the street passing a tire company. I glanced to my left and my eye caught this rear spoiler and I thought it was some sort of a race car. When I pulled into the store and saw this white VR4, I was disgusted! The early VR4's had a more conservative rear wing that raised or tilted at a certain speed. The car lost popularity as the Toyota Supra did and probably because of the styling.
The NSX has survived 12 years and if there is never another version of the car built, they will always be a heart throb.

3000 GTO was the only car that I couldn't push to move it... its very heavy. In the past dealing with 5 mitsubishi cars, 4 of them had electronics problem...

Mitsubishi

CRX B16B VTEC said:
3000 GTO was the only car that I couldn't push to move it... its very heavy. In the past dealing with 5 mitsubishi cars, 4 of them had electronics problem...

I bought one our daughters an '01 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Spyder and she refuses to pay the insurance, so I am driving it. We bought it with 17k miles a year and a half ago. The car has over 55k today and never a problem. (like my formerly owned NSX-T). The problems you speak of must be in the older models?

This post makes no sense? This is a NSX Forum, ofcourse 99% of the people are going to pick the NSX. :rolleyes:

NSXIMAGE said:
I bought one our daughters an '01 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Spyder and she refuses to pay the insurance, so I am driving it. We bought it with 17k miles a year and a half ago. The car has over 55k today and never a problem. (like my formerly owned NSX-T). The problems you speak of must be in the older models?
Not necessarily, according to the latest J.D. Power survey of vehicle dependability:

2003050b.gif

Looks like the sad thing is no one can average under one problem per vehicle!

(PS I had an early 2000 Eclipse GT and it had three recalls in the first year, and three different trips to the dealer to fix the driver's side window (a common problem that year). I wasn't too impressed.)

Holy cow. So a total of 287 3000GTs invaded our shores with that wing?!? That's 287 too many, then.

I was driving around with a friend the other day, and we passed a '99 VR4. When he saw it he said "Look at that Shopping Cart, I just hate it when kids do that to their cars!!" I told him that the wing was put on by Mitsubishi, and he hardly believed me.
I like the VR4's a lot, but not nearly as much as the NSX. Knowing how rare the '99 is, it makes me proud to have one in my town of only 50k people. There are a lot of nice cars here, but not a single NSX :( :mad: !!!!!

Ojas said:
Holy cow. :eek: So a total of 287 3000GTs invaded our shores with that wing?!? That's 287 too many, then. :D
Unfortunately, some people commit the same desecration to their NSXs...

Just my opinion but how can you even compare those two cars?? It's like comparing a Pinto to a Mercedes.

I wouldnt want a Pinto OR a Mercedes. :)

Not necessarily, according to the latest J.D. Power survey of vehicle dependability

Yep, but then again Cadillac and Jaguar are ALSO listed at the top of that survey -- I wouldnt take too much of that survey seriously, but its interesting.. nonetheless.

This post makes no sense? This is a NSX Forum, ofcourse 99% of the people are going to pick the NSX.

Not exactly, I am a NISSAN enthusiast. There are certain OTHER manufacturers which I very much respect, like Toyota and Honda. Unfortunately, Mitsubishi is one company I do not admire much. I really havent found one car that they make that I can appreciate. The 3000GT has always been questionable. The problem with the 3000GT is that it's also marketed as a Dodge Stealth.

NSX FoYoAss said:
This is a NSX Forum, ofcourse 99% of the people are going to pick the NSX. :rolleyes:
Not necessarily, as Old_S13 pointed out. I think if you asked people to choose between an NSX and a 360 Modena, or an NSX and a Porsche 911 GT2, the NSX might not come in first - yes, even here on an NSX forum.

My dad owns a 96 and now it's approaching 98k miles... so I believed I can write up something more fair, instead of being a red neck bragging how good the NSX is... (Well, It is better.)

VR4 is pretty fast on the straight line, NSX's acceleration is no where compared to that turbo(make a 2!!) rush. However that's about how good it is.

It's heavy, with 3800+ lbs curb weight, however, the steering is very very numb, people hates its truck driving steering. That said, it's no way to take a corner fast in that car with tremendous understeer and a lot of free play.

What it comes down to was that it lacks the rigidity a sports car supposed to have, if you put it on a floor jack, when you closed the door, the window doesn't line up right.

The engineer tried to do a lot of stuff to hide the design flaw, like when you looked at the "bump" from the hood, pretty stylish to some, right? However, it's there because there's not enough clearance for the shock tower.

Anyway the car is not as bad as a Pinto, but it's relatively inexpensiver compared to nsx.

My dad did make the car a perfect ride for him since he's the type that "been there, done that guy". He doesn't do any turning / cornering at riduculus speed. So even though he liked to drive my NSX and praise the handling, but the 3000GT limited cornering ability is enough for him. however, the feeling that he can even pass anybody ( well, almost :D ) even when he's at 6th gear down low at 2100 rpm is pretty good for him.

Yet, did I mention the 4WD?? The understeer made it a pretty good ride on snow.

One more thing, It got the 4 piston caliper, errrh, what about our NSX??

I don't want to compare two cars to each other, one is an Exotic Sports Car, the other is a GT car with user friendly drivability in mind.

PHOEN$X said:
Not to mention the ones on the Evos...

evo6wing.jpg

That's not the wing for the current (US version) of the EVO and you do have the option of tall or short wing if you want.

Back