• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 with 900 miles - so sad

The car is nice! The price is a joke...............:rolleyes:

"This Amazing NSX has only been driven 5 times, including my original test drive. Car was purchased to put in shows. No scratches. ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION!
Condition: ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION! A ONE OF A KIND. This car has only been in the sun for 10 hours since I bought it. "

Am sorry for your loss.

This is probably a hoax, the VIN listed is a Escalade.

Good catch, that ad seems kinda fugazi anyways. Only seen 10 hours of sunlight?:rolleyes:

I thought it was weird to have only one small photo for a car that has 900 miles on it.

Good catch guys!

I just reported this to cars.com. There's a link at the bottom of each ad that allows you to report suspect ads. I've done this before with other bogus ads, and they do pay attention IF you give specifics on why you think its a fraud. I recommend we all use it when we see these kind of fakes.

Its possible this is a legit ad and the seller simply used the wrong VIN and knows nothing about NSXs. He did leave his complete contact info, and Area Code 843 is South Carolina, as advertised.

Okay, I just emailed the seller, asking for the correct VIN and also to confirm if its a Coupe (as advertised) or T-Top.If its a Coupe, I could understand the high price, but not $75k.

OK, so assuming this is legit ... why is 900 miles so sad? I'll be wanting to pick up another NSX as soon as I can afford it and I think the whole garage queen phenomenon is GREAT!
Yeah, yeah, deferred time-related maint., takes some $ before you can put it back on the road, but still ....

I posted the link for the actual vehicle for sale which is a 2001 with 46,000 miles. Just because someone posts a cell phone number and a "name" in a scam ad should not make anyone think it must be legit.

OK, so assuming this is legit ... why is 900 miles so sad? I'll be wanting to pick up another NSX as soon as I can afford it and I think the whole garage queen phenomenon is GREAT!

Im a garage queen fan myself but anything less than about 1k per year is not so great for the car. This car needs a timing belt / water pump ASAP and probably tires and any other rubber thats dried out.

I emailed the seller to ask him about the VIN - I said it wasn't for a NSX. He replied "thank you."

I also emailed cars.com yesterday. They haven't done anything yet.

Why should we believe anything about this listing?

I had emailed cars.com also and just got this reply:

Good afternoon, Using the information you provided we were able to locate the ad and have determined it not to be a legitimate listing. It has been removed as fraudulent. While we are very sorry that you encountered this unfortunate situation, we are grateful that you have taken the time to bring it to our attention. If you see any other suspicious advertisements or have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for using cars.com. Michael Howecars.com Consumer Support

The link in the OP still works but it is probably cached. The listing is no longer there in a search.

Wow! You guys are better than Scooby Doo when it comes to figuring out mysteries!! :wink: Good work...

The seller of the original listing in question replied to my 2nd email:

The ad still shows the wrong VIN. What is the correct VIN?
The correct VIN :

JH4NA2164XT000060

The picture you show is also in another cars.com listing for a 2001 NSX. Which is correct? The Picture I sent is OK to use

Anyone know about that VIN?

I also got a reply from the seller:

"Gary: Cars.com screwed up my VIN, because I am sell in 2 cars.
The correct VIN is JH4NA2164XT000060. Its a T-Top, not a Coupe."

I sent the seller of the 97 for $10K and email. His reply:

You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:Tue 3/04/08 6:52 AM
To: (deleted by me)

Hello,
My name is Gary, I live in California. I want to tell you that the car is still for sale, it's in PERFECT condition and I'm selling it because my parents bought me a new car. The title is clean and clear but I don't have it with me right now. It's at the shipping company along with the car in a container ready to be shipped. Also I want to let you know that the shipping is free(I already paid the shipping fees). The shipping company is Expert Auto Delivery and you can contact them at www.expert-auto-delivery.net or by email [email protected] .The total price with the shipping included is $10000. We will make the transaction ONLY with Expert Auto Delivery. Please email me back and let me know if you are still interested or if you have any other questions.
Best regards

This is the standard "I'll ship it to you" scam. The listing is: here.

Looks like I'll send another email to cars.com.....

The seller of the original listing in question replied to my 2nd email:

The ad still shows the wrong VIN. What is the correct VIN?
The correct VIN :

JH4NA2164XT000060

The picture you show is also in another cars.com listing for a 2001 NSX. Which is correct? The Picture I sent is OK to use

Anyone know about that VIN?

Back in April 2000, the car had 3000 miles, according to the vehicle history report, so the seller is a liar.

You guys rock! You should be detectives!

Back