• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2/22 Autocross

CDube.. Thanks for the heads up...
I remember that the one time I tried to go from second to first in the 180, I met with resistance, so I did what any other sane person in that situation would have done... I pushed harder. It went into gear, but lagged going into the slalom. That ended my attempts at shifting in the course. It seems to be running ok now, but I will have the clutch checked out.
So, now can I blame a faulty clutch on not finishing first??
What excuse am I going to use next year??

Craig, thanks for the info on how you drove the course. It was a pleasure to watch how the experienced drivers drove,showing us what our cars can do in the right hands...
and feet..

Now we have a year to practice heal-toe, heal-toe....
Maybe next year I can blame my tight shoes....

Joel

Originally posted by JSMDMD:
Now we have a year to practice heal-toe, heal-toe....
Maybe next year I can blame my tight shoes....Joel

hmmmm, Turns out big feet are good for more than impressing the girls after all
wink.gif

This morning as I was driving to work. There was a section of right lane that was blocked for road maintenance. They setup a series of yellow cones and the only thing I could think of were to slalom through them.

Fortunately, I was in my Legend....

AutoX is Baaaad for your mind!

[This message has been edited by CDube (edited 05 March 2003).]

FYI for CDube,

Big parking lot and grand opening of the new department store Kohl's at Jeffrey/Trabuco. LOOOOTS of cones and construction signs everywhere...,
wink.gif

Shall we say this sat morning, we'll see if you can improve your time from camarillo?

hey how's it going everyone. I have some footage that i still need to download to my computer. I've been very busy at work so i haven't had time to do it. hopefully i'll get to do it friday night if not , then saturday for sure. I'll then probably have Lud host it for me if he can. well have to get back work.

Herman

Sorry this post is late. I've been out of town for a while... so long that I missed the Camarillo event (that's why I got all 120's in my times; I wasn't there). I'm just curious after reading all the posts about the event why more of you aren't at the monthly SCCA Solo2 autox's? I've been going since the last Camarillo event and haven't seen more than one NSX all year other than me.

I need some help out there.

I know the NSX is grossly misclassed in SCCA: I'm running against 400hp Z06's on Hoosiers and getting creamed. If more of us were out there maybe we could get a better classing. But it's fun nevertheless. Although at times a bit humbling.

If anyone's interested, It'd be great to see you out there.

Tom (#705 Team No$)

Just found my gas receipt from that day. I filled up the night before the autoX, and refilled right before I got home. My milage came out to be 22.x, this includes the tripe up to camarillo, the autoX event, the few doughnuts that I did at the skippad, few bathroom trips at the airport (yes, i drove), and the traffic on the way home! Amazing! Almost same gas milage as my 92' accord.

Originally posted by coolnsx:
I don't know if anyone else checked but I filled up in Lake Forest before joining the group in Irvine, drove near the speed of light trying to keep up with Chris heading north, both Ryan and I drove the Autocross and returned to Irvine in bumper to bumper traffic. Total trip 248 miles. Refilled in Irvine, and used 12.462 gallons=19.9 miles per gallon! I thought that was amazing, I love this car even more. Anyone else check? Gil

Amazing! Almost same gas milage as my 92' accord. [/B]

Don't get a supercharger then...I went through 1/2 a tank at the supercross and I only live about 8 miles away!

At Willow Springs last Wednesday I went though a full tank in about 80 track miles
eek.gif

But it's worth it
biggrin.gif

Back