• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 Moving Violation tickets at NSX Stock...

For those of you who were there...I was the only lucky one that was pulled over at NSX stock this May. The officer was unforgiving even when he saw my 10 yr old son's upset face in the car. No effect...he got to writing. So I received 2 moving violations for a total fo $350 in fines and 3 points on my license. At the advise of Mike(Arista5), I hired an attrny to fight the tickets and what a job the attrny did. The fines were reduced to $200. and the points were thrown out. I received a unsafe door opening and parking ticket. NICE!!! and I made sure it didn't ruin my NSX Stock day!:biggrin:

Here is the attorney website...he handles almost all of NY(his fee $300):

NOTSPEEDING.COM

So your going to pay $200 for the tickets & $300 for the lawyers fee? Here in Miami you can go to traffic school for $35 so that you don't get any points. Do they let you do that in NY?

So your going to pay $200 for the tickets & $300 for the lawyers fee? Here in Miami you can go to traffic school for $35 so that you don't get any points. Do they let you do that in NY?

3 points were tossed out. He will save hundreds in insurance.

Nope, not in ny. He definitely came out ahead on this one.

Most states allow traffic school one time per year, or once every other year not to mention you pay the ticket too. Any traffic defense firm will be able to wiggle out of the situation on the cheap, except in certain states where it has become exceedingly difficult and pricey.

What is considered an unsafe door opening ?

If Im not mistaken, there is a law that you're not supposed to get out of your car on the street side. You should climb over and get out on the passenger side. If someone opens their door and you drive by and hit it it's their fault and they are liable for all damages.

It goes like this in NY you get the points. Your insurance rapes you then you can got to traffic school to get up to two points off.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got out of the points. Bottom line is that is the objective.
I still laugh at the unsafe door thing.

If Im not mistaken, there is a law that you're not supposed to get out of your car on the street side. You should climb over and get out on the passenger side. If someone opens their door and you drive by and hit it it's their fault and they are liable for all damages.

It goes like this in NY you get the points. Your insurance rapes you then you can got to traffic school to get up to two points off.
Climbing over to the pass seat in an NSX should be fun.

I've been a traffic lawyer in NC for 29 years.The laws are different in each state,and the practices are different in different counties in the state.I get people the best result to keep their license if it's at risk,and keep the points off to keep their insurance from going up.In NC,a 71 in a 55 would take your license and raise your insurance about 50% for three years .For a couple hundred dollars,I would make sure you keep your license and save you easily a couple thousand on your insurance.I would also go for you,so you didn't have to miss work to go to an intimidating place where you have no idea what's going on, ie court.If you go unrepresented they may offer you a deal,but it won't necessarily work for you.It can be complicated,especially if you have other tickets,and the law changes all the time.

As to whether you need a lawyer ,I prefer to have someone who knows what they're doing.If your head hurts real bad,you can get on the internet and try to figure it out (seems like a migraine but what if it's a brain tumor?) or you can see a medical person.If my NSX has a problem,I have a good understanding of its mechanical issues from voracious Prime reading over 3 years,but very little mechanical ability to actually fix it.I would rather pay someone who knows how to fix it and know it's done right.If you have a ticket,you can talk to your cousin's brother-in-law who used to be a deputy sheriff and try to figure out what to do,or you can get someone who's handled thousands of tickets, and knows the district attorneys and the judges in the court.

Last edited:
Back