• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 inch rims?

Actually, that's incorrect. Being in Houston, I've seen this car and met the owner several times. His set up was 18/19.

I think I'll go the safe route, back2 18/19 set-up.
Thanks for images PrideExhaust.

These wheels came with the car I purchased. I think it'll look awesome if I painted them gunmetal or black.

19_zps3d440fb8.jpg

photo_zps00735be4.jpg

24_zpsc7c531c0.jpg

19/20

This car is actually one that came to mind when I first visited this post. I just didn't have time to search images to post, but I think this car looks awesome. I do agree with the black or gunmetal look. Overall though I love this car.

those wheels look like spinners....not joking.

The chrome are a tad too big to look right...the orange ones looked pretty good though. I guess they look smaller than they really are due to the orange ring.

I was just browsing through threads in this forum... I don't want to be rude, but most of the wheels in this thread look extremely tacky IMO.

I think chrome went out of style in about 1970...

Also putting massive wheels on an NSX much to the detriment of the performance for which it was intended seems silly. Plenty of cars better suited for displaying "baller status"

I was just browsing through threads in this forum... I don't want to be rude, but most of the wheels in this thread look extremely tacky IMO.

I think chrome went out of style in about 1970...

Also putting massive wheels on an NSX much to the detriment of the performance for which it was intended seems silly. Plenty of cars better suited for displaying "baller status"

It is a shame for people to turn the NSX, a lightweight hand made exotic, into a pimp mobile with gaudy heavy chrome wheels.

17/18 is the only way to go. I have almost a quarter million miles of experience in this department. Charlotte was able to pull 1.2g corners on The Dragon with Goodyear F1-GSD3 tires in 215/40-17 and 275/35-18.

If you want your car to handle you need sidewall. The NSX is essentially a street legal racing car. Gee, I wonder why all those race cars I see on TV don't have big wheels and ultra low profile tires. d0h!

The sidewall will also absorb energy from potholes and other debris you'll encounter on the road. 19 or 20 inch wheels are not suited to the NSX. Besides looking like an idiot you'll most likely damage the wheels in short order. When that happens or you go sliding into an armco on an offramp just consider that to be God's way of telling you that you're not very bright. :)

I can agree with most of #29 - #34 on this vehicle but "looking like an idiot" is a bit much. That can be said about anyone that has different taste, look, driving addictions, street, track or swag.To each's own. Most don't like docjohn's yellow side ducts on a black NSX but he is not an idiot for his choice for his car. Let's not make things personel.

I guess a fatboy is a idiot for wearing air jordans on the side line.(can't jump, can't keep up, out of shape):wink:

Last edited:
My friend wants me to put 20's on my X. Can you guys tell me how dumb that would look and how bad it would make the car?

Tell your friend to get a bike if he wants wheels that big :)

A NSX gains nothing with wheels that big!!
First, it makes your brakes look ridiculously small, it will make your tires rub when you make a turn and it will REDUCE your handling.

Imho, even the 18/19" combination is already too much for this car.
It`s a sports car, NOT a truck!!!

Last edited:
A bit much? LOL I was being kind. Opening up a Kosher deli in Fallujah is smarter than installing 20" wheels on an NSX.

A bit much? LOL I was being kind. Opening up a Kosher deli in Fallujah is smarter than installing 20" wheels on an NSX.

Or "smarter than" getting a permit for zombies?:eek::biggrin:
I concur the wheels do not look good in anyway on that nsx(19/20's)

Offering some suggestions instead of insult would be alot more helpful, everyone is
not blessed visual ability/putting cars together etc.

If I want track mods I go to 1k2go's thread. If I want swag/style I go to Carbon6's thread. I straddle the fence between looks and track. Then theres the guys that love the beauty of the nsx OEM.

To me too big wheels and too big/scooby-do tires/16's are far from appealing. I would never put 16's on my car or anything bigger than 18's/19's. Currently I'm not satisfied with my 18's staggered but If I had asked more than 1person then, I'm sure I wouldn't be looking to buy another set of wheels 17/18 or 18/19 now.

Atleast he asked your opinion.:smile:

I did offer a suggestion. 17/18 with high quality tires in 215/40-17 and 275/35-18. Go re-read my post #34. Why don't you buy my HRE 545Rs in 17x8 and 18x10? They're listed in the NSX Parts for sale section.

BTW, we have zombies in Florida buddy. :) What else could have caused this:

zombie victim.jpg

Last edited:
hey....children love the pendot yellow bee accents......just sayin.

Back