• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 for 27K ?!?!?!

Well I am always looking for a NSX. Today we were slow at work so the search continued. I ran across this NSX on Cars.com. I emailed the seller asking why the wires were cut and why the hoses were disconnected. I also asked if there is anything else I need to know. If I have to do some work on a car that is fine, what I do not want is a car laced with serious problems. I was going to ask the knowledgeable members of prime WHY they thought the car would be in this condition.

I also found this cherished NSX on there as well. I hope it’s not anyone's car on here.

Wow....stay away from that. It seems as though the buyer can't figure out what is going on with the car himself so he's decided to sell it. The situation will just get worse when you buy it unless of course you are a mechanic or some type of NSX expert.

For a 2000, that interior looks beat. IMO, unless you have the know how, skills and time, i'd steer clear.

"Fire damage"... ah, deal breaker for me. Ok, assume a 2000 in good condition, low miles goes for $50k. What does a fixed up former fire damage 2000 go for in good condition, low miles? If this is a car you would fix up and keep for a LONG, LONG time for yourself, maybe... but you may be getting into a money pit and then who would by a fire damaged money pit from you? Personally, I would take a high milage, good maintance 91 instead of this one, any day.

I always find it fishy when someone says he 'has to' sell the car, and then let it go for a low price.

SilverStone05 said:
... For a 2000, that interior looks beat. IMO, unless you have the know how, skills and time, i'd steer clear.
I do have enough mechanical skills to tackle almost any job. To know how big of a job this would be, the car would need to be inspected. The electrical, IF its just re connecting the wires should not be an issue. I have a great tool that would do the job.

The interior does look abused. My 94 Prelude looks better than the pictures. What would some good ol fashion TLC do to it? Maybe improve the looks, maybe not, who knows till you try.

CL65 Captain said:
"Fire damage"... ah, deal breaker for me. Ok, assume a 2000 in good condition, low miles goes for $50k. What does a fixed up former fire damage 2000 go for in good condition, low miles? If this is a car you would fix up and keep for a LONG, LONG time for yourself, maybe... but you may be getting into a money pit and then who would by a fire damaged money pit from you? Personally, I would take a high milage, good maintance 91 instead of this one, any day.
Now that you mention the fire damage, I do see where it could be from that. I would plan on keeping the car for a long time.

Do you think the cut wires is from the ECU being gone? I notice (now that I look closer at the picture) that the drives door sill is gone and around the stereo and ebrake area there is another bundle of wires. hummm....

It's a scam anyway......at least seems that way to me. You can buy the same car 2 or 3 ads down for 24k....lol. Tried to paste the actual link but it didnt work....sorry.

lol ya i saw this car in person.

its total fire damaged. i have a post about it some where. i almost puked.

Its a legit deal tho as in its real.

You have no fuel tank, all the engine sensors are burnt to a crisp, your engine wireharness is gone. Everything basically from the seat back is non existant.

It also does not have the throtlle body and upper intake parts.

So everything in the engine bay is gone with the exception of the engine and tranny.

I would run a compression test as the block could very well be warped. The fire burnted out the whole rear trunk lid and if it was that hot, you bet it probably did a number to the engine and the frame and body.

The window behind the driver seat is gone and melted the car is currently in pieces.

Only reason you would by this car is to strip it and make it a track car. ALSO you BETTER be doing the work yourself because the engine needs a TOTAL rewire and you need to find the male and female parts to every single sensor that was burnt.....

oh ya the interior trim is gone also. the seats are burnt. COMPLETELY as the fire worked it from the firewall and ATE allLLLLLLLlllll the ecu, control moduels, head light relays, Vtec relay. fuel pump relay... lol everything is gone.

and NO its NOT just as simplly as coneect the wires. The wires need to connect to the engine.... but the part you connect the wire to the sensor is gone. all melted.

You'll need to source parts.... that people dont sell. so you'll need to go beg at Honda's door and they will rape you.

its a money pit so deep that it would probably add up to 2 brand new 2006 NSX :biggrin:

if you dont know how to do EVERYTHING yourself, look else where.

This guy bit off more than he can chew and realized it way to late. He gave up and honestly... it will take 30 days of straight work... thats about 600 hours to put this egg back togeather again.. then you still have a salvage car.

im not sure i even want to buy it for the price im offering him.

if you buy the car, i have a spare tire i'll sell you for 10000$. its a fn bargen and it has never been used. BRAND NEW CONDITION!

Oh ya do you have the skills to rebuild an nsx engine? Bore and hone the cylinders if they are out of round and also deck the block if if deck is warped? if not, you can add an additional 1000$ for machining costs and an 1000$ rape fee for having someone machine an NSX engine :D

i got the skills and can find the place where i can use the machines to bore, hone and deck the block for free... even then, im thinking long and hard and will not even touch the car for 20K.

car's been on sale for 3-4 month. many people's seen it but no one has touched it.

i was going to get it as a track only car but he was asking way to much. get a 1991 in great condition for 27k

Last edited:
just get a nice 1991 for 27K

hey i got a high milage 1992 NSX for cheap! if you want to be an NSX owner for cheap, let me know

i got the car as a track car since i basically passed on the burnt NSX. i'm selling it as im opening up my performance shop with in the next month or so and this was a unforseen event, one for the better ofcourse. a little extra liquid asset in my hands is always good. Clear title, no accidents ofcourse. I'll do the timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, plugs, brake pads, all fluids and belts and get all the maintaince done for you for free before you take the car. It will basically be about 3000$ in maintaince and the car will pur. :biggrin:

pm me if your interested

acturally i got a fellow nsx prime member out in hawaii who got my set of GT7 volks off me. maybe you guys can hook up.

Back