• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 NSX yellow auto JH4NA12671T000005

I was paddling my way through a local body shop’s “rear lot” in Southfield, MI, yesterday when something yellow caught my eyes. Partially concealed by numerous German built trashed cars and parts, was a yellow/onyx 2001 NA1 auto with 10,383 on the clock. Both bags blown, hit really hard in the rear plus front impact damage.
JH4NA12671T000005 evidently came out of NC, where in late 2003 some 18 year old creamed it. (Apologies in advance to all regular youthful NSX operators.)
Apparently been sitting, exposed to elements, for over two years. Bet the driveline is still good. Always tickled to see an NSX around here, but of course, this was painful...
First try at attaching photos, hope they show.

NSX Detective saga

I was paddling my way through a local body shop’s “rear lot” in Southfield, MI, yesterday when something yellow caught my eyes. Partially concealed by numerous German built trashed cars and parts, was a yellow/onyx 2001 NA1 auto with 10,383 on the clock. Both bags blown, hit really hard in the rear plus front impact damage.
JH4NA12671T000005 evidently came out of NC, where in late 2003 some 18 year old creamed it.
Apparently been sitting, exposed to elements, for over two years. Always tickled to see an NSX around here, but of course, this was painful...

Upon seeing/taking pics/posting on this wrecked 2001 yellow auto in early 2006 I knew this NSX "would be back" some day. That day arrived. Craigslist reviewer and fellow Primer " sca037 " (Brian) saw an add in Detroit area craigs about a 2001 NSX wrecked front-end:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3788686209.html

It sounded familiar in mileage and location. Brian contacted the seller and sure enough, it was. Apparently a NC salvage title to pass (shop owner said in 2006 the title was in dispute). Since I inspected it in 2006 it has been exposed to Michigan's weather for another seven years, and it did not make it any prettier. The seller sent Brian some images, and they showed some of the weed and tree growth that was partially cleaned up - suffice to say this 2001 auto trans yellow NSX is GONE. The current seller Monte advised Brian that his $7,000 sale valuation of this NSX was a figure he conjured up.

I did not spend the time to window the seller's current photos through for this thread - but since my original alert on this basket case I have improved my image-posting skills so here we go:

Where I saw it in 2006, on the Southfield side of Detroit's infamous 8 Mile Road. It has not moved since then:

My first glimpse of a pile of yellow:

Rear end pushed into engine compartment. Presumed secondary impact to front end, and both airbags deployed:

Salvage pool crayon markings on broken windshield, dated 11-5-03 with pool stock # 97xx953X.

Public VIN plate and NC DMV inspection/safety certification sticker:

Have battery, will travel - must have been a hybrid:

Is this what they call "bagged" ??? :confused:

And a final look to make your day:

Hope you enjoyed the detective novel. Drive safely. :smile:

Hope whoever was involved in the accident wasn't injured too bad. Sad day for that NSX even if she was an Auto.

Looks like there's enough there for Cody to make another PPIHC car out of it... :biggrin: What do you say, build another Honda powered beast!

If only Cody could use it for something, but the PPIHC has changed the Unlimited Class car rules to specify single-seaters only going forward, so he's building a tube framed chassis that utilizes only the front & rear suspensions (& subframe) from an NSX now.

This Yellow NSX is a sad story to be sure, and from these pictures Monty just sent it has only gone downhill from when Neal saw it in 2006.
I mean, who lets a 10K mile interior get to the point it looks like a family of raccoons lived in there?

Brian

Sad to see. Why would who ever was involved with this car not tried to part it right away. Nice seats are worth a good amount of money alone. Worthless now.

Maybe someone can snag the wheels.

2001 ACURA NSX with only 10K miles

1 of only 2 Yellow AT NSX's made in 2001
this is the 5th NSX to come off the line in 2001

Salvage title
Sold as a rolling shell (no motor, transmission and various other parts)
Car was hit in rear and sustained most of the damage in the rear.
Damage did not reach beyond the trunk
Passenger side rear suspension needs fixed
I have some of the parts needed to fix front end
perfect for race car build or finish parting out
please only serious buyers as those with less than 10 feedback must contact me before bidding

Damage did not reach beyond the trunk???? I guess the damage to the front did not reach beyond the trunk. Truth in advertising. It's just how you spin it.

Will do!

:biggrin: please only serious buyers as those with less than 10 feedback must contact me before bidding :cool::smile: Yea, cool.

But it has changed venues - it is now in Dublin, OH (suburb of Columbus, OH). What a value, lightly tapped in the rear.

I'd buy the gauge cluster, paddle shift Column, and trans ecu. Not sure if the ecu would of made it or not thou. I have a Auto 91 and upgrading to the paddle shift would be nice. If it works.. I might have to contact seller but I doubt he will pull the parts. But who knows the engine and tranny is gone.

I'd buy the gauge cluster, paddle shift Column, and trans ecu. Not sure if the ecu would of made it or not thou. I have a Auto 91 and upgrading to the paddle shift would be nice. If it works.. I might have to contact seller but I doubt he will pull the parts. But who knows the engine and tranny is gone.

He also has a black 91 rolling shell listed. In that auction, he references having a 10k motor, tranny, etc so he probably is referring to the parts from the yellow.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151246410301

Last edited:
so sad but this is why if you guys ever see a wrecked NSX get out of your car walk up take pic and get the VIN number please..

let the guy chase you off his property LOL but atleast you have the info and can post it.

this is why NSXPRIME is VITAL to all of us that love the car.

someone took the targa and then let the car sit in the rain that was a sweet interior before said moron didnt even put a tarp over the top LOL geez

I was trying to buy the transmission and associated parts from this car so I could convert mine to sport shift while it was at a shop near Columbus Ohio. The owner told me he would let me know once they started pulling it apart for the engine. Then a friend sent me a link to the ebay ad above and when I called the owner he had sold both cars to someone in NY. The shop owner then said he would give me the new owners contact info but he didn't follow through with that either.
I'm still interested in the trans and other parts if they are available.
Does anyone have an idea where this car is now?
This picture is from last summer.
2001 auto 10k miles a.jpg

Last edited:
Back