• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 silver nsx code 40

2001 silver nsx code 40 Throttle Vent Control Motor

Hi, I just had my codes read on my 2001 NSX after the CEL and TCS lights came on and it came back P1243 and P1244. Sometimes when I start the car it runs fine for 10 min and sometimes it cuts out after 1/2 mi above 4000RPM and the the throttle surges at idle when I stop. Can you tell me if Cleaning the throttle body or any other fix I can do at home will work? I live 100 miles from an Acura dealership and it is a real affair to leave it and pick it up not to mention the extreeme cost. Are there parts that need replacing? Has anyone else out there had this problem.. I thought for sure it was an oxygen sensor after reading the blogs but code 42 did not come up. Thanks for your help, Dan
P.S. code P1243 is Throttle Vent Control Motor circuit 2
code P1244 is Malfunction, Throttle Position Insufficient. Closed Throttle Position Insufficient

Last edited:
If the problem is fairly intermittant then I would try cleaning the TB. Check your spark plugs because they could lead you to a coil pack that's not firing as it should (does rain or washing your car induce the symptoms - if so a coil pack would be my first guess).
Good Luck and Happy Motoring!

Washing or rain does not couse the problem. I have not checked the plugsbut aren't they good for 90,000 miles? Would it be a different code for plugs or coils? Thanks for your reply, Dan

Probably (iridium plugs can go for 90K miles). Plugs and coil packs would probably throw misfire codes from P0300 to P1201 thru P1306. The throttle position sensor would show codes P0121 - P0123 - P1121. Just me, but the spark plugs usually tell me if it's a individual cylinder misfire problem or if it's a system failure. Do the easy stuff first, so clean the TB and see if that helps/solves the problem and go from there.
Happy Motoring!

Last edited:
Thanks pgilliam1 for your help. I,m sure there are posts for cleaning the TB but where do I start? I,m pretty new to these posts. What kind of cleaner, what is good to take apart and what is good to leave alone, what hoses, and orifices need special cleaning, and most important, How do I clear the CEL after I clean the TB and Check sparkplugs? Thanks again, Dan

Last edited:
Dowload a copy of the service manual here in the WIKI section. It will tell you all you need to know about this car. There are many ways to clean the TB but you're better off following the manual. Some guys stuff a rag into the TB and spray it thoroughly with brake cleaner. Some say spray the vacuum lines going into it as well. Some say just use Seafoam. By learning the hard way, what I've learned is to follow the manual to the last detail.
To clear any CEL's just pull the clock fuse in the under the hood fuse panel.
Happy Motoring!

Back