• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Headlights with a 91 -2001 Bumper!! Is this Possible?

I like the 2002 Headlights, but what I do not like is the Bumper! Also I had seen a picture somewhere in the Web, of a Red NSX with 2002 Headlights and it had a 91-2001 Bumper! I loved the way that looked. Anyone know if this is possible! thank you

I saw that pic, it looked like he cut the front bumper cover.
It looked good from that pic.

Hmm, something about that NSX doesnt look right. Can someone photoshop the 91-01 OEM turn signals out of the picture? Maybe that would look better.
Regards,
- Z

That is I think what Acura should have done to the 2002! Also I have seen 2002 headlights with aftermarket bumpers but they also have the similarity to the 2002 bumper! This really looks Awsome, now that all Exotics have fixed headlights, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. Even Corvette. I would do it on my car this way! So any help would highly be appreciated!

02 mod

well this would be my thoughts on it. i would assume the easiest way to perform and do this mod would be to use your existing front bumper (NA-1) style. and i suggest purchasing the 02 headlight kit; and 02 UPPER bumper (frp) of the (NA-2) style.

2002upper_450.jpg

science of speed seemed to have replicated the 02 and up top half bumper in fiberglass; and im sure you can cut a majority of it off; and graft just the headlight surroundings around the (NA-1) bumper.

*the only part i wouldn't know; not being a body and materials expert is how well fiberglass and the urethane like material of the OEM bumper will work together. one is rigid; and the other is flexiable*

but if you wanted to be totally secure; you could temperarily mold those headlight surroundings on; and then have the WHOLE bumper remolded by a molder into either FRP or urethane. :D

i dunoo ... :confused:

NSX FoYoAss said:
Hmm, something about that NSX doesnt look right. Can someone photoshop the 91-01 OEM turn signals out of the picture? Maybe that would look better.
Regards,
- Z

Yeah. The stock turn signals are a little redundant. You already have them located in the headlight housing. A little too busy.

damn....that looks good!!!

Re: 02 mod

JDMnsxR said:
well this would be my thoughts on it. i would assume the easiest way to perform and do this mod would be to use your existing front bumper (NA-1) style. and i suggest purchasing the 02 headlight kit; and 02 UPPER bumper (frp) of the (NA-2) style.

2002upper_450.jpg

The center opening part on the (NA-2) style, is wider than the lower (NA-1) pice.
It will not fit right .

the only thing I don't like about the '02 bumper is this little wedge sticking out...I wish it were flush.

Attachments

• 2002upper_450.jpg
    2002upper_450.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,979
SPINNER Photoshop!! It is getting very difficult for me to decide, can you put the 91-01 Turn signals back in the car! But can you put them Clear lenses, I want to see how it would look! Thank You.

Damn I'm smart! This red NSX looks a hundred times better with the 91-01 turn signals eliminated!!! Nice photoshop btw. :)
Regards,
- Z

You are right Z itdoes look better, but also because the frontis from the 91-01 but without the signals! I like it much better than the 2002! I hope that I can make mine this way!

Spinner said:
the only thing I don't like about the '02 bumper is this little wedge sticking out...I wish it were flush.

YESSS... You hit the nail on the head! That little wedge just doesn't belong there. I suspect it has to be there to clear some sort of understructure where the turn signals were? If not, I don't see any other reason for it and IMO it is a styling mistake.

call me crazy, but I'll take the 91-01 old school hidden headlight with the cool grill and turn signal cut outs anyday over the bug eyed 3000GT lookin' front end every time....

The NSX is just about the only car that still keeps it's good looks with it lights flipped up....

old school'ers rule!!!

This reminds me of theat game you play in bars on the little game machines, you know the one were you spot the differences in the two pictures, then if you get them all the machine shows you a picture of a naked lady.

Back