• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 REAR conversions ??

Any pix from those who have converted their rear end (lower valance, tail-lamp, trunklid spoiler) to 2002 spec ?? Please post them here.

Do we know if a dual-outlet (4 pipes) exhaust system will work?

TIA

Here are the pics of back end of Wilson Sham's 2002 conversion:

2002conv1.jpg

2002conv2.jpg

Lud, let Wilson Sham know he is doing a good job with the conversion. That is absolutely awesome!!! I would love to see the finish product.

Based on what we know, most DUAL-tip exhaust systems will NOT work (RM/B&B, RSR, etc).
Most single-tip ROUND ones should fit (Comptech, Taitec, etc)

Several folks have converted -- will post more links here.

Michael A (silver) : http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000305.html
- 02 rear valance in OE-style paint scheme

mandrewz-rv.jpg

JZ (yellow) : pictures from a recent car show
- 02 rear valance painted all-yellow
- 02 rear tail-lamps
- Comptech Aggressor wing with OE LED stop lamp
- wide rear (and front) fenders

001.jpg

Wilson in HK (blue) : Pictures of converted car
- 02 rear valance in OE-style paint scheme
- 02 JDM tail-lamps - 'H' logo
- Backyard Special adjustable CF rear wing
- full 02 conversion (front and back)

fdc5ebd0.jpg

Enrique in Panama (red) : article in NSXSC
- 02 rear valance painted all-red
- Comptech Aggressor rear wing
- wide rear fenders
- full 02 conversion (front and back)

Mvc-004f.jpg

Several folks have replaced the center section (with "A" logo).

##################

Will put more info on parts, etc here.

Approx PRICES with NSXCA discount (Niello):
- center section (with "A" logo) 75520-sl0-a03 $ 125
- rear valance 71511-sl0-000zz $ 515
- trunklid spoiler (stick-on) 71700-sl0-900zz $1085

##################

The part number for the valance is 7151-SLO-000ZZ P 268 SKIRT,RR . Retail is $791.87.

You will also need the center 'V' support bracket, but I can't find that part number right now.

The valance comes unpainted. You need to remove the rear bumper to install the valance, a two person job for sure, with lots of opportunities to scratch stuff.

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 10 September 2002).]

some JDM conversion parts available here -> http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000554.html

GROUP BUY, anyone ??

###########

Originally posted by TopSecretUSA:
I got the 2002 front and rear conversions availbile to upgrade your 91-01 nsx's. The front conversion includes Headlights (HID), Hood, Front bumper, & Internal parts required for conversion. And rear includes Taillights, Rear bumper, & Internal parts required for conversion.

Front: 4800+shipping
Rear: 1850+shipping
Both: 6350+shipping

If interested email me [email protected]

Originally posted by nsx1164:
If / when I do this, I'd add the NSX-R rear diffuser (list $595 from Science of Speed).

fd498a7a.jpg

Looks good.
This is the PROTOTYPE, and uses visible carbon fiber (fabric weave visible under clearcoat).

The PRODUCTION NSX-R rear under-spoiler has less aggressive vertical vanes, and uses a "glossy black" finished CF

Honda%20NSX-R%20Concept%202001%20-%20002.jpg

Originally posted by vincentvtec:
Will ARC (single tip on each side) fit on 02 rear lower valance?

There is no difference center to center measurement on the '02 vs '91-'01: as long as it is single tip & designed for NSX then there should be no fit issues.

Originally posted by cpmoran:
can a rm exhaust be modified with a single tip to fit?

I don't see why not - I believe that's a 1 into 2 spilt at the exit (on each side), since they make it both oval & dual tips? If so, I would expect the center to center on the single pipe before the split to be the same. So just get it cut back to that point & have a single tip welded or bolted on (they have a decent selection at JC Whitney - http://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.jhtml?CATID=3165&BQ=jcw2 )

I actually got a quote for a custom Tubi (direct from factory) with a single tip - now that would have been nice but @ $2250 shipped, just a bit over my budget, I'm afraid. Once money becomes no object, maybe .....
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by madfast:
how much for the 2002 rear valance piece?

If you can get 30% off (through Niello or Goodson or similar) its ~ $518 plus tax & shipping if appropriate

(It was actually posted further up this thread - shouldn't even need the Nazi to point you to that one)
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 08 December 2002).]

Back