• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 NSX or 1996 NSX-T??

Im thinking of buying an NSX but i cant decide on which year to buy. If i get the 1996 NSX-T i can use more money to tune it up.
Another thing im debating on is if i should use forced induction or not. Im willing to spend a lot on this car so money is not really a problem. I was wondering if i can get 500+ horsepower without forced induction or NOS. Can anyone help me on my dilemmas?

he made a post asking parts and specs of the JGTC NSX..perhaps he wanna do a JGTC streetcar

I know Honda has 500HP N/A NSX in the race circuit and would cost at least $120,000 for the engine alone, but they probably won't sell them anyways...

yea i want to make a street jgtc nsx
and i want the horsepower to be at LEAST 500 so if i cant make it without forced induction.. then forced induction it is
the question now is.... WHICH ONE? which will give me the most power because im power hungry :D

Fatal-NSX said:
i want the horsepower to be at LEAST 500 so if i cant make it without forced induction.. then forced induction it is
the question now is.... WHICH ONE? which will give me the most power because im power hungry :D

The Supra Twin Turbo.

1997 - 2003 NSXs all have essentially the same motor.

You can never have a street JGTC nsx. They are purpose-built race cars from the chassis up. That's like saying you want to buy a Chevy Monte Carlo and turn it into Jeff Gordon's race car and drive it on the street. It just doesn't work that way.

If you want an NSX to look similar to a JGTC car on the outside, you can buy bodykit. Try http://www.scienceofspeed.com for starters.

You cannot build a streetable 500HP naturally aspirated NSX motor. A motor like that would cost a ridiculous amount of money, make all it's power at the top-end and require rebuilding as often as most people change their oil. Just the motors in the JGTC cars cost well over $100k each, and they are not even available to the public anyway.

You can build a 500HP forced induction NSX, but it will be on the order of $20k+ for just the custom forced induction setup to get it done right. Try Comptech at http://www.comptechusa.com or Gerry Johnson at http://www.pansx.com but please don't waste their time unless you are ready to go and have a healthy six-figure budget for your whole project.

does not compute

Fatal-NSX said:
thx for the info lud
im willing to spend A LOT on the NSX

If you are willing to spend alot, perhaps to go as far as Lud describes, then why did you even ask whether or not you should buy a 96 versus 03? The price difference between those two years is no more than 40K. That should be chump change if you are willing to spend A LOT?

Re: Re: 2003 NSX or 1996 NSX-T??

kgb_agent said:
If money is not a problem then why are you talking about the 96 at all?

Because an 18 year old kid might not be serious about what he's saying, and might just be jerking us around...

Back