• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Model Preview (R&T 9/02)

was just reading the new (Sept 02) R&T and their section on cars "coming soon" was interesting... seems that 'FUN' cars are making a comeback, and include:

Lambo: 04 L140 (baby Murcie) -- V-10 500 bhp mid-engine AWD with 6 speed manual or manumatic/F1 tranny
Audi: RSR mid-engine 6.0L W12 with ~500 hp
BMW: M6 with 500hp V-10 (front engine rear drive); mid-engine M1 replacement with same motor
Toyota: 04 Super Sport GT mid-engine 5.0L V-10 450 hp
Porsche: Carrera GT V10 500 hp; new 911 with uprated motors (335/400 hp)
Acura: NSX with hybrid power: 3.5L V6 with 300 rwhp; electric motor assist with 100 fwhp
Nissan: Skyline GT-R TT V6 or V8, 450 hp

#########

Hopefully Acura can continue to maintain its edge.

".. its no secreat that the Acura NSX needs more power. With a price tag of about $90K and 290 bhp, the NSX represent one of the worst bang-for-the-buck ratios in the marketpace today. Sure its as refined and civil as any exotic around, but Americans want power, and lots of it..."

Did you see the letter that was sent in in this issue (page 22)?

"Is it my imagination or is your "Great Grip" test missing something? NSX? I seem to recall that in previous handling tests, this long-in-the-tooth model blew away all of the fresh young competitors including the Vipers and Corvettes, and placed merely a whisker behind the Carrera. How R&T can include Mazda and Mitsubishi and ignore Acura is beyond me.

Carl Feldman
Ownings Mills, Maryland"

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 08 August 2002).]

lambo needs to up the HP pretty soon, wont be too long before you see a lambo 700+ hp
i was hoping the new NSX would be atleast 350+ with atleast 500lbs in weight reduction. I already know for a fact it wont be a V8, because Honda already came out and said tooling to make a v8 engine for production would be too costly. so they will stick with v6.

Back