• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 NSX - less than C$70k?

I tried to do a search and came up with nothing. It sounds too good to be true (ie: 93 NSX for $11k) but worth a shot since I have come up with new found wealth and have the NSX itch! :biggrin:

Out in BC, there's a guy selling a '04 black NSX for like C$69k. 7000km. Does anyone know about this? :confused:

I tried to do a search and came up with nothing. It sounds too good to be true (ie: 93 NSX for $11k) but worth a shot since I have come up with new found wealth and have the NSX itch! :biggrin:

Out in BC, there's a guy selling a '04 black NSX for like C$69k. 7000km. Does anyone know about this? :confused:

The BC NSX may have been discussed before. It's the one with red interior right? There's a few guys out there who would check it out for you. The price has come down since I looked at it. I imagine if it doesn't sell before spring, the price will go up again once the grass turns green.

sounds about right
in the states u can pick up an 04 with about the same mileage for in the 50's US
still well under the Canadian Market

Yup ... one with the red interior. I can deal with the red interior ... now ... I'll try and hit the dealer up for a VIN so I can run a CARFAX.

PS I'd love to import one from the US -- already imported a 2007 TSX for the GF last month so I understand the process ... but NSX's (2002+) don't seem to be easy to find (at a competitive price with that kind of mileage!)

Last edited:
Yup ... one with the red interior. I can deal with the red interior ... now ... I'll try and hit the dealer up for a VIN so I can run a CARFAX.

PS I'd love to import one from the US -- already imported a 2007 TSX for the GF last month so I understand the process ... but NSX's (2002+) don't seem to be easy to find (at a competitive price with that kind of mileage!)
they are more common than u think all low mileage ive come across 5 02+ in the past month

Kaz1116,

Sounds about right:rolleyes: When was the last time you checked prices??
If it isn't a salvage / accidented vehicle then I suggest you quicklly pick it up!! I'll make sure I give you a call before I buy my next vehicle.

Kaz1116,

Sounds about right:rolleyes: When was the last time you checked prices??
If it isn't a salvage / accidented vehicle then I suggest you quicklly pick it up!! I'll make sure I give you a call before I buy my next vehicle.
the reason i have no picked any up is because its a total fluke that i have checked these auctions to see these NSX's go for those prices.
plus i dont want another NSX when i have just spent a ton of money on my own
and of course it would be very hard to sell one here even for that price.

whats the phone # of the black/red nsx in bc? if its the car im thinking of its just down the street from my work

I would look for an 02 or 03 if you're going to go to the states. I like the idea of buying one that was built in the original NSX factory. I believe there were several benefits to the build process. In 2004 they moved their production facility for the NSX.

in the states u can pick up an 04 with about the same mileage for in the 50's US still well under the Canadian Market
It is lower, but a vehicle in the upper 50's amounts to 65KCDN prior to any tax and duties added. Add another 10% to capture that and all of a sudden you are at 70K. That doesn't include your transportation effort for the vehicle (1k to 2K depending on whether you do it yourself or hire out), and then the efforts for inspection and the like.

T.

Thanks for the insight everyone. Living in one of the most southernmost cities in Canada (well, the southernmost closest to the US border) ... I would definitely take advantage of my proximity to the 'States.

Like I said, I have not seen any 02+ US market NSXs in the 50s on any online listing (and I did see someone mention that they went for that much at auction ...) But the thing is ... you have to be a wholesaler to get into the auctions, right?

Then the transport issue, 6.1% import duty, RIV fees ($200-something), retrofitting DRLs (~$100) then 14% tax (PST + GST) ... I don't see where the cost advantage is at the moment when the CAD$ is right now against the US$.

Seems like the ad on trader.ca is gone. :( Maybe it's sold??? When I tried to use canada411 with the name of the dealer, it says it's an auto wrecker / parts recycler. Maybe the car has a salvage title??? :confused:

Thanks for the insight everyone. Living in one of the most southernmost cities in Canada (well, the southernmost closest to the US border) ... I would definitely take advantage of my proximity to the 'States.

Like I said, I have not seen any 02+ US market NSXs in the 50s on any online listing (and I did see someone mention that they went for that much at auction ...) But the thing is ... you have to be a wholesaler to get into the auctions, right?

Then the transport issue, 6.1% import duty, RIV fees ($200-something), retrofitting DRLs (~$100) then 14% tax (PST + GST) ... I don't see where the cost advantage is at the moment when the CAD$ is right now against the US$.

Seems like the ad on trader.ca is gone. :( Maybe it's sold??? When I tried to use canada411 with the name of the dealer, it says it's an auto wrecker / parts recycler. Maybe the car has a salvage title??? :confused:

I think that car was posted on craigslist too,if its the one i'm thinking of,i'm pretty sure it is a salvage car=wayyy to much$$

It is lower, but a vehicle in the upper 50's amounts to 65KCDN prior to any tax and duties added. Add another 10% to capture that and all of a sudden you are at 70K. That doesn't include your transportation effort for the vehicle (1k to 2K depending on whether you do it yourself or hire out), and then the efforts for inspection and the like.

T.

And then you have a US car that is also worth a bit less, in Canada, than a similar CDN car. Rule is about 1 model year less. You definately save some upfront, but you also get less on the back end. If I were looking for an NSX right now, the US market appeals to me, but more because thats where Im more likley to find a car than because of the price difference. But the price difference is probably $5k to $10k. All said and done, after you sell the car one day, I bet its $5k. But you will probably have way more luck finding the car you want down south.

Good luck with the search. They're awesome cars.
side%20small.JPG

Back