• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 NSX-R for sale (really!)

I was recently in Japan and visited with Azuma Miura of Macs, in Tokyo -- a concrete Jungle. Imagine my surprise as I walk into his store to shake hands, and sitting behind the many other NSXs for sale, I spot what looks like an NSX-R. "Hey, that looks like MY car!" We quickly get through hellos and he says, yes, that is a real NSX-R. A used 2004, 4000km. And, it's for sale. At today's rates, the yen price converts to $140K USD. Jeez, I'd love to own a real NSX-R, but I am already too far down my own LHD project to even consider buying and converting a RHD model. Many have been down this path before, and found that it's almost impossible to enjoy this car (legally) as an everyday driver in the US. But, this 2004 I sat in even smells new.

Anyway, attached are some quick photos from the only crappy point-and-shoot camera I was carrying at the time.

The crew at Macs. Anil, Azuma, Jun (English translator), and 4th from the left is Macs' NSX suprimo-technician. We spoke no common language whatsoever. But had no trouble communicating about the NSX-R. One thing we readily agreed on was that the Zanardi/Type-S shift handle offers superior shift action to the round R shifter ball. I recall the shift action on my Zanardi #14 as perfectly balanced as compared to the R ball I currently use.
1.jpg

Getting in from right side takes some skill...which I am missing
22.jpg

Making a mental checklist of R parts I already have
31.jpg

For sale "sticker"
4.jpg

"Used Car's" takes on a whole new meaning in Japan, LOL. Macs also has a second floor where I found a NA1 Type-S, white with orange-insert "S" seats.
61.jpg

Yes, that's my thumb in the upper left
5.jpg

I sat in this 2004 NSX-R, and took it all in. Wow, those R seats are really the single most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Until this very moment, I only know that my regular NSX seats are the most comfortable seats in the world. Well folks, the R seats turned me around. And not because of the Red Mist of their exclusivity...but because they're really THAT good. And after my owning a few nice high-line rides with their own incredible seats, I can state unequivocally that Honda outdid Ferrari, Porsche, and BMW, once more. I (5'-10", 155lbs) sit upright just a tad bit more than my regular NSX seats, and I am held firmly in-place in the single piece shell...but Honda and Recaro padded the seats in exactly the right places. OMG. No pinching, I felt secure, and coddled, SO comfortable.

(Detlef, are you listening? Your very next Procar project should be to reproduce these seats for all us NSX guys, plus the tons of other Honda rides out there. Then you can retire a millionaire.)

In a detailed comparison to my own "Frankenstein-ish NSX-R conversion" (to quote mi amigo, Armando), I already had most of the real R parts installed on my car, though I was missing these incredible seats.

Until now.

Last year, another fellow NSXprime member kindly helped me acquire used NA2 seats, including all the correct electric slider hardware. Then I bought and am currently installing brand new, red, NA2 NSX-R seat covers. They cost a ton, and took forever. In the end I hope to have new (looking) seats in my R clone. Add to that what Jon Martin has already completed on my motor, and I think we'll end up with a NA2 NSX-R that is what Honda should have built in the first place. And all that for less than $140K...well maybe not a whole lot less :)

The seats are amazing!!! I know, I have them:biggrin:

Awesome experience, with I was there with you!!!

Vance

Sounds about right. Mac's inventory is always available on their web site btw.

140K and you still probably wouldn't get it tagged... this is why all of a sudden project LHD NSX-R conversions look so appealing to Vance, Anil, and other members. If guess if nothing else, knowing that helps sheds some guilt for all those project JDM part purchases. :biggrin:

Anil,

I was admiring your car the other day at Cerritos Acura. When it's done, I think I'd take yours over that NSX-R. :smile:

Mike

Wow, awesome pics. Where in Tokyo was Macs? I ask because my in-laws live in Setagaya prefecture and I swear a few visits ago (before I had my nsx) we drove past a nearby dealership full of them but since then I haven't been able to find them.

John

Thanks for sharing the pics Anil!

Your car will be what the NSX-R should have been like......you have a more powerful engine, better suspension, better brakes and you will pretty much all the other stuff that come with the R. Can't wait to see your car in action :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong the real R is an awesome car already but you are taking it up even higher.

I would been drooling being there though :biggrin:

That must have a been a great trip! I would have loved to sit in that car. Should I ever have 140k to spend on a sports car...a late model NSX-R would be it.

Wow, awesome pics. Where in Tokyo was Macs? I ask because my in-laws live in Setagaya prefecture and I swear a few visits ago (before I had my nsx) we drove past a nearby dealership full of them but since then I haven't been able to find them. John
Macs is way off the beaten path, in NorthWest suburb of Tokyo. Getting off the last stop on the subway line, I saw only apartment buildings all around.

I double dare you to buy that NSX R.
Armando
Always pushing me!

The seats are amazing!!! I know, I have them:biggrin:
Awesome experience, with I was there with you!!!
Vance
YOU got me started on this seat thing.

I need to go to japan...go figure they'd have a whole shop full of nsx's lol.

Check out sales of used NSXs at auction in Japan at:

http://english.auto.vl.ru/auctions/honda/nsx/

note on 05.10.2006 a 2002 28,000 km white TYPE-R sold for US$105,100

There are not many for sale here in Japan. At anytime no more than 90 or so. People are holding on to them for much longer. And when they do let them go they are upgrading (???) to one of "the horses"...
DJ

I would by a NSX-R if available here. If you got the $ go for it! Before the redesign why can't honda make a NSX-CR for us via special order:wink:

Sorry I didnt realize that they had such strick regulations before boarding and Oxen pulled cart. :)

PS Have found a new place on South Beach for some NSXR style debauchery,make sure that you exchange all that Indian funny money for some good old American singles.

Armando

That white NSX S with the red/orange suede seats is hot. Theres just something about white, how nicely it flows with the lines and looks like a thoroughbred. Damn i wish i had a white NSX. :frown: I have been following up on your NSX RR conversion. Well done.

Back