• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 NY Auto Show Photos

Here is the first group of photos. I have many more to upload later including the GT40, Shelby Cobra, McLaren AMG and Saleen 7.

http://RSO.smugmug.com/gallery/96304/1/3382605

3382605-M.jpg

Last edited:
I checked through the rest of my photos and it appears that I didn't take any Saturn photographs. I probably just blew right through their exhibit once I saw the Saturn logo.

Bob,

Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures.
What was your favoriate car (other than the NSX, of course)?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for all the great pics, as usual. Thanks also for calling me during the show in hopes of meeting. There was a ton of traffic at the Lincoln tunnel and we were delayed...sorry.

Overall, the show was fun. I have to say that the Acura display was disappointing. The new shifter knob is ugly in my opinion and I realize that this has obviously been stamped to death, but our interior seems frighteningly out of date, especially with all the other cars in such close proximity...WOW!

About the RL.........Clearly, Acura is NOT after the other Japanese big fish as far a luxury is concerned. It is clear that they want NO PART of Lexus/Infiniti, which I think may be a mistake. The proportions of the car do not in my opinion justify it a great step up from a TL, which is a fabulous car. Yes, it looks very pretty, but....why? Why the subdued 7-series rear end? Sort of, "This is how you should have done it in the first place?" I was not too impressed. The engineering of the car is a step forward, absolutely. So, what does that mean for us? I have a feeling that we will see another iteration of the 3.5 liter motor in the next NSX...perhaps with hybrid technology to assist? Would be surprised to see a V8 now, not that I yearned for one in the first place. I would be happy with 400hp out of this V6!:D

Cheers-

Nev

Did they have Lotus Elise?

TigerNSX said:

What was your favoriate car (other than the NSX, of course)?

It was a tough call between the Saleen and the Shelby shown above. For sentimental purposes, I would have to say the Shelby.

After the HSC was rebadged as an Acura for an earlier Auto Show, they sent it back to Japan rather than have it make the rounds of the other shows. I guess they felt we were given enough by showcasing the new RL prototype.

Wow Bob, you must have started real early or it wasn't that busy because of the holiday weekend. I just went today and it was a mob scene. I barley had a chance to take my photo before someone hopped in front of me.

Anyway here are my samples, I'll try not to post any of the same cars Bob did.

My entire album is located here...........http://glasssphere.homeip.net/MyPhotos/New York Auto Show-2004/index.html

2004-AutoShow0091.jpg

2004-AutoShow0150.jpg

2004-AutoShow0156.jpg

2004-AutoShow0178.jpg

2004-AutoShow0031.jpg

2004-AutoShow0228.jpg

2004-AutoShow0043.jpg

2004-AutoShow0064.jpg

2004-AutoShow0138.jpg

Last edited:
It was the most crowded show I have been to. I got there as soon as it opened and had to be very patient to wait and get the right shots of the cars and it took about 3 1/2 hours to get my photos.

i missed the philadelphia auto show because my brother said it wasn't that exciting. but from the pictures you guys posted, it looks to be very entertaining. i'm tempted to go this sunday, since its the last day, but there's not hsc :(

Excellent Pictures! Thanks RSO 34!!!

Excellent Pictures! Thanks RSO 34 and jadkar!!!

I especially liked the Red NSX... They had a similar Red NSX in last years San Francisco International Auto Show November 2003.

Man I need to move to New York or Los Angeles, they show off much better cars than here in S.F.

:eek: Red!

Last edited:
Back