• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Red/Red on cars.com JH4NA21684T000056

Re: 2004 Red/Red on cars.com

Can anyone close by check out this one for me please...dealers willing to negotiate with me plus throwing in a 2 one way ticket from LA,CA..Thanks and God Bless..:smile:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...+descending|Q-descending|Z-91384&aff=national

art mira :eek:)

Hey Art,

Were you able to sell your yellow NSX? Or are you adding to your collection?
I would also post in the regional section, where the dealership is located, if you haven't done so already. You might find a few more eyeballs there...=)

Levi

I am local to this car. I stopped by already and looked at it. I didn't drive it or really go over it but would be willing to if you want me to.

The bad: the car badly needs a good buffing. The paint looks like someone washed with a cheap rag and there is fine scratches all over it. The day I looked at it was filthy but the fine scratches were still easily noticable.
The car also had moisture in both the left and right taillights. Seems like there was one or two other minor things I noticed but dont remember what they were right now.

The car's interior was pretty much perfect and like new. It was obvious both in smell and look that they'd gone over it with something. The engine bay looked as you would expect an 04 to look.

If you want me to REALLY go over the car I will. I just stopped by out of curiosity since I already have one. I asked the dealer and they said they'd bought it at auction.

edit: the saleslady didn't know much about the car. fwiw.

Last edited:

Nice wheels hope u get it.

"they said they'd bought it at auction"= Red Flag..........................

$68k is a LOT of coin (even for a 04) with 20k AND body/paint work.......

osugrad,

where do you see that this has had bodywork / paintwork?

osugrad,

where do you see that this has had bodywork / paintwork?

Sorry, just says:

"Rear bumper has been painted"

But you never know until you see it on a lift.

Admit I've not seen red/red, and I like it! Good looking 04. With what you have driven and sold already, you'll simply have to see it yourself and make a decision. When you do, pls post photos!
Aero sure gave some clues. :smile:
Good fortune in your quest, artmira.

I am local to this car. I stopped by already and looked at it. I didn't drive it or really go over it but would be willing to if you want me to.

The bad: the car badly needs a good buffing. The paint looks like someone washed with a cheap rag and there is fine scratches all over it. The day I looked at it was filthy but the fine scratches were still easily noticable.
The car also had moisture in both the left and right taillights. Seems like there was one or two other minor things I noticed but dont remember what they were right now.

The car's interior was pretty much perfect and like new. It was obvious both in smell and look that they'd gone over it with something. The engine bay looked as you would expect an 04 to look.

If you want me to REALLY go over the car I will. I just stopped by out of curiosity since I already have one. I asked the dealer and they said they'd bought it at auction.

edit: the saleslady didn't know much about the car. fwiw.

First of all, Thanks so much for all your inputs and comments...i do appreciate all the effort especially to AERO having the time to stop by...my wife was so pleased to all you guys...i think i'll just back off with this one...if someone don't mind the repaint issues guess this is a decent car...again thanks:smile:

so the search continues...

art mira

I Think This Explains the Tailights

Would Stay Away from This One

04/29/2004
Ed Voyles Acura
Atlanta, GA
770-452-8800
www.edvoylesacura.com
Vehicle sold

04/30/2004
Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Huntsville, AL
Registered as personal vehicle

05/31/2004
Ed Voyles Acura
Atlanta, GA
770-452-8800
www.edvoylesacura.com
Vehicle serviced
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Engine checked

06/10/2004
Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Huntsville, AL
Title #32657915
Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
Registered as lease vehicle

09/08/2005
Alabama
Police Report
Case #5527134
Accident reported in Madison County
Involving a rear impact with another vehicle
Minor or moderate damage reported

10/19/2006
Service Facility
Huntsville, AL
Vehicle serviced
Maintenance inspection completed

Dang too bad about it being in an accident would make a sweet NSX-R project. I don't believe anyone with a red 02+ has done the NSX-R.... drool!

I do not see the big deal about this car having the rear bumper repainted. Even the CarFax supports that it was most likely minor damage. If it was a low speed parking lot incident I would not care as long as it was fixed correctly, especially with his rare color combination. Assuming you bought the car for a fair price, and the minor work was done properly, this could be a great car for years to come. I think some of you may be rushing to judegement on this car without doing a proper inspection to see what was really involved.

Originally Posted by MCM
"they said they'd bought it at auction"= Red Flag..........................

Why?

It can be a way to get rid of a problematic car / car that's been hit / car that does not sell through private party or dealership/ Theft recovery/ Title wash / Lemon law/ Flood damage,
Usually complete loss of personal History, Just carfax..............

Or it could just mean it
was traded in at a Lexus dealership and auctioned off to an Acura dealership.
The red car above may have been a lease return, that would put it back at a dealership right? Why would it go to auction?

I have generally found the best cars change hands through private party sales with complete history. For what its worth.......

Last year I passed on a 30k mi. Silver Ivory. (A car I really wanted)
Main reason? It had been through an auction, had front / back paint work the current owner did not perform. Plus no History prior to Auction.

Again, this may just be me............:tongue:

Auction car used to bother me too. Not as much anymore. Maybe I am just getting old. If the car has a clean VIN and a thorough PPI (paint meter, leakdown, etc) comes out clean and the car LOOKS clean then grab it.

You can tell if a car was cared for, much of the time. Many cars for sale are the "lipstick on a pig" approach where an obviously abused car is cleaned up super nice for sale. You can just tell.

I bought my RS6 at auction. It was a great car.

...Last year I passed on a 30k mi. Silver Ivory. (A car I really wanted)
Main reason? It had been through an auction, had front / back paint work the current owner did not perform. Plus no History prior to Auction...

Wait a second. You passed on 1 of 6 Silver / Ivory NSXs, this one having only 30k miles, just because it had passed through an auction?? What the heck?? Wow...I could not do that. Not on a car that you almost never find for sale in the first place, and considering There are probably only 2 or 3 out there that may ever be available. I mean, Miled will probably never sell his, JAYS NSX is planning to keep his forever, Gregg's car is a salvage title, another one is believed to be totalled...so really there are only 2 left. I am speechless. I guess it is because I have also been looking for a Silver / Ivory and would have been all over that one. Where was it anyway?

Many times you can have a local Acura dealer run the VIN and get all the history. If there is history.

Though, lately, dealerships (especially Pcar) are refusing to give out this info because they say its private info.

Mitch, I know you have been looking for that car.
I posted about the car a yr ago Feb. (I was looking too)
Was all set, Larry B checked it out for me, a body shop looked at it.
Just could not pull the trigger.
Have a super nice 60k driver now, was looking for a Garage queen.
Lack of history, Auction, Paint work just kept me from going forward.
No regrets.

Back