• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Vette

"So there we are, if you want a plastic left hand drive car with Vietnamese suspension, here it is."

C6%20Red.jpg

Wow , you guys sure are sharp. I know the NSX has not been redesigned since the 80's but give me a break. If you are going to try to talk smack about AMERICAS sports car please get your facts straight. The car in the video is an 2005 a NEW design, not a 20 year old copy. Also the straight axle suspension has not been used in a Corvette since 1962. Was the NSX even thought of then? If you think any of your cars can outrun one bring it to a track and put your $$$ up. I have several cars ready to go or I can get someone in your area if your ready. Heck I'll even give you guys a real shot, instead of running one of my C5's I will run you in my 60 Vette with the old school suspension and 270 hp. Dragstrip or Road Course. I really could care less if you state REAL facts about what can be improved, but at least be smart about it. T

TommyN said:
Wow , you guys sure are sharp. I know the NSX has not been redesigned since the 80's but give me a break. If you are going to try to talk smack about AMERICAS sports car please get your facts straight. The car in the video is an 2005 a NEW design, not a 20 year old copy. Also the straight axle suspension has not been used in a Corvette since 1962. Was the NSX even thought of then? If you think any of your cars can outrun one bring it to a track and put your $$$ up. I have several cars ready to go or I can get someone in your area if your ready. Heck I'll even give you guys a real shot, instead of running one of my C5's I will run you in my 60 Vette with the old school suspension and 270 hp. Dragstrip or Road Course. I really could care less if you state REAL facts about what can be improved, but at least be smart about it. T

Redesigned since the 80's? Talking smack?

Obviously your a vette guy. So some more facts about the vette, the window switches are from a cavalier, and depending on the year, so is your cd player.

TommyN said:

BRING IT ON! TOMMY N, ARE YOU SURE THAT '60 COULD FINISH A 1/4 MILE?

I love Top Gear... their shows are so entertaining...

Why does the thread say "2004"? This is a C6 not a C5.

omeys_berlina said:
Redesigned since the 80's? Talking smack?

Obviously your a vette guy. So some more facts about the vette, the window switches are from a cavalier, and depending on the year, so is your cd player.
Please show me a GM parts book that crosses a window switch or a radio from a cavalier. If you can prove this great, good luck with the search and I am awaiting you response. I don't mind learing something new. Keep in mind, many GM radios look the same but even the base stereo in a Vette is different. Most are BOSE. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but the NSX was designed in the 80's introduced in 1990? NOT smack FACT!

TommyN said:
Wow , you guys sure are sharp...

Simmer down there, big fella. ;) In any individual brand or model internet forum, you're bound to get some roasting of competitive products.

I showed my brother, the owner of an awesome C6, that vid and ribbed him about too. And if you want to get back at my fellow NSX owners, just ask them about their in-dash CD player, about the model being discontinued, or about the massive factory effort to continously update their flagship model. But be prepared to be shown the above video in response... ;)

Ponyboy said:
Simmer down there, big fella. ;) In any individual brand or model internet forum, you're bound to get some roasting of competitive products.

I showed my brother, the owner of an awesome C6, that vid and ribbed him about too. And if you want to get back at my fellow NSX owners, just ask them about their in-dash CD player, about the model being discontinued, or about the massive factory effort to continously update their flagship model. But be prepared to be shown the above video in response... ;)

I understand where you are coming from. I am here to learn about your cars to get a competive edge on all of you. I just don't like the mud slinging by those who do not know FACTS. Are there better cars out there SURE. Please state the facts and I will queitly listen. When you start talking smack misquoting and the such I will step in and voice my opion to try to educate. Don't wast your breath trying to change me. I understand the Corvette may not be the best and may be chit to some but to me this is AMERICAS true sports car , best bang for you buck car out there. I have a good friend who has been a NSX owner since 1991, and He and I often laugh at how closed minded some people are here and on the Corvette boards. :smile:

omeys_berlina said:
So some more facts about the vette, the window switches are from a cavalier, and depending on the year, so is your cd player.

Of course, an in-dash CD player from a Cavalier beats the in-dash TAPE deck in the NSX.

Valid point. But if you're trying to change anyone's opinion be prepared to waste a lot of time with little positive result.

FWIW, two of my family members have supercharged and turbocharged their C6s. Incredible cars. And I thought the stock version was plenty quick. Not to happy w/ the shifter but, I agree, for the money it's the best value out there.

TommyN said:

This post reminds me of this thread.

Nice video, great entertainmet, wonder why it got a german license plate.
Klayton

Klayton said:
This post reminds me of this thread.

Nice video, great entertainmet. ;)
Klayton
Not trying to stir the pot just want to inform. If we all learn something new today great. So far we learned the the C6 is a 05 model. The straight axle has not been is a Corvette since 1962. The NSX was designed in the 80's and introduced as a 1990 model.:biggrin:

omeys_berlina said:
Tommy, if you had watched the video you would have understood the replies. But instead you got on the defensive.

With that being said, i'll race you with this http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79059

I did my best not to come off defensive. Just wanted to inform and maybe get a little fun racing in if possible. I enjoy watching TOP GEAR because they talk so much smack its great. American cars almost always get slammed.
The ferivet has been around the Vette boards for a while now. It make me almost wet myself thinking someone is so funny.

Back